Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Deployment location changes when I modify deployment

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
393 Views, 5 Replies

2014 Deployment location changes when I modify deployment

I created a deployment and saved it on a location on the server that is shared.  Next, I needed to modify the deployment to add a service pack that was added.  I logged into the server where the deployment was using a Remote Terminal at my workstation.  After I modified the deployment, it lists my workstation as the location that the deployment should be ran from.  This location is not shared and I would like it to be ran from the original locaton on server.

Is there a way to make it place the modified deployment in the same location as the original deployment?

Here is what I see after the deployment is modified.

Thanks

Kirk

Modify_deployment.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: karthur1

Did you create the deployment on one server and then copy it to a new server or did perhaps the servername change? It appears that the original server location was KARTHUR-7 so if that is changed you will want to recreate your deployment. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: asburyj

I orginally created the deployment on the fmi2 server (using remote desktop from karthur workstation).  The server name has never been changed nor has the deployment been copied.

Message 4 of 6
asburyj

Perhaps the incorrect location was entered when creating it? I would suggest recreating the deployment at this point 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: asburyj

Would have never used that location when I created the deployment.  I will recreate it.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
asburyj

Your other option would be manually editing though the ini file for the deployment and manually changing the target for the links but my recomendation if just for recreation since you are needing to add in a service pack anyway. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report