Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 1 of 3 (692 Views)
Accepted Solution

2014 Deployment failed - Install newer version of Windows Installer service

692 Views, 2 Replies
05-13-2013 01:18 PM

Tried to creat a new deployment for Inventor 2014.  After an hour or so of running, get this message that it failed.  Said that "This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service.  You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."

2014_Deployment_failed.png

I am running Windows Server 2008 Standard (x64), Sercive Pack 2. When I run Windows Update, it says I am up-to-date.

What do I need to do to get this deployment to work?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (670 Views)

Re: 2014 Deployment failed - Install newer version of Windows Installer service

05-14-2013 09:01 AM in reply to: karthur1

Create the deployment from your client machine, running Windows 7, for example. Then place the deployment on the same Windows 2008 R2 UNC shared path.  It will run on the client and live on the server just as you want it to.  That should do it.  I have found that sometimes running the installer from the server causes weird issues like this. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 3 of 3 (668 Views)

Re: 2014 Deployment failed - Install newer version of Windows Installer service

05-14-2013 09:06 AM in reply to: TravisNave

I found an update for the Windows Installer service, but when I tried to run it, it says that it does not apply to my version.

I will try creating it local like you suggest.

Thanks.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.