Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Deployment failed - Install newer version of Windows Installer service

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
1730 Views, 2 Replies

2014 Deployment failed - Install newer version of Windows Installer service

Tried to creat a new deployment for Inventor 2014.  After an hour or so of running, get this message that it failed.  Said that "This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service.  You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."

2014_Deployment_failed.png

I am running Windows Server 2008 Standard (x64), Sercive Pack 2. When I run Windows Update, it says I am up-to-date.

What do I need to do to get this deployment to work?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: karthur1

Create the deployment from your client machine, running Windows 7, for example. Then place the deployment on the same Windows 2008 R2 UNC shared path.  It will run on the client and live on the server just as you want it to.  That should do it.  I have found that sometimes running the installer from the server causes weird issues like this. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: TravisNave

I found an update for the Windows Installer service, but when I tried to run it, it says that it does not apply to my version.

I will try creating it local like you suggest.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report