Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Civil 3D Intel i7 Processor Support

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cwible
848 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Civil 3D Intel i7 Processor Support

We are looking to deploy AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014. The system requirements (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle... do not list the Intel i5 or i7 processors as a supported hardware platform.

After reading online, it appears that many peopel are running Civil 3D on the i5 and i7 series CPU's.

Are the system requirements incorrect? Do people simply overlook this requirement? Or what am I missing here?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: cwible

Those are "minimum" system requirements that are posted: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

No one realistically runs AutoCAD on a old Intel P4 or AMD Athlon with 4Gig RAM. i5 and i7 are valid and current/better options. If you are looking for written documentation, there is none.

Are you a seasoned IT person, or an end user exploring?
Message 3 of 5
cwible
in reply to: pendean

I'm a seasoned IT person.

I have no desire to run this software on a P4 (I thought it was funny the CPU was even listed). That said, I thought it was funny that they listed the Xeon processor but didn't include the i3, i5 or i7 series.

Our plan is to go with 3.4Ghz or faster i7 series CPU's, with 16GB of ram, and a dedicated video card with 1GB of memory.

Any thoughts on that?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

I would ask that you better define the graphics card, otherwise that's a decent system indeed.
Message 5 of 5
braudpat

Hello

Fast (and modern) Cores i5 or Cores i7 with a standard speed > 3.2 Ghz and a Turbo-Mode giving +300/+400/+500 Mhz are OK !

The Hyper-Threading of the Core i7 will accelerate a little bit ACAD/LT/MAP/CIVIL/AA/MEP/etc ... about 10% !

As said Pendean, please consider a better graphic card : 2 Gb dedicated Ram please !

If you plan to work with large 3D model on CIVIL 2013/2014/2015, please consider TOO having 24 Gb Ram ...

For small/medium Models, 16 Gb is OK !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report