Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Contributor
smurgas
Message 1 of 2 (1,727 Views)

2013 Suite install hangs at the setup initialization screen

1727 Views, 1 Replies
11-13-2012 12:54 PM

I just wanted to post this for others to reference in case it helps you out.  I have found that many times when I start an install from a network deploy, it hangs at the setup initialization screen.  I just created the deploys and did the whole uncheck silent install option from another posting, but that problem turned out to be UNC paths becoming too long for the product install files when nested deeper than the root of the network share (the deploys should be created at \\server\share, not any deeper).

The other quirk about setup hanging from the start is that I noticed the setup.exe and other related .exe installer apps running aren't actually doing anything moments after you start.  It might churn for a few seconds but then CPU usage drops to zero.  It's not that they aren't responding or crashed, they just stop.

The solution?

Open the Resource Monitor and find setup.exe.  Right-click and select Suspend Process.  Wait a few seconds and then right-click it again and select Resume Process.  Setup.exe then immediately begins processing again and the installer continues.  This seems to work every time for me.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (1,722 Views)

Re: 2013 Suite install hangs at the setup initialization screen

11-13-2012 02:12 PM in reply to: smurgas

Thanks for the tip!  Hopefully this will help users experiencing this problem in the future!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.