Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 InventorLT NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 8.1

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
cbduffeck
382 Views, 17 Replies

2013 InventorLT NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 8.1

Hello

Bought a new HO Laptop runing Windows 8.1 with 6gig ram. Downloaded the 2013 InventorLT Suite. Now inventor will not open. Downloaded the service pack 1.1 and service pack 2. Still no luck.

The AutoCAD LT opens and runs fine. I thought that maybe it was a License issue so I uninstalled on the original computer. Still does not open.

Could really use some good advice here. C

The previouse computer was running windows 7 32 bit. New laptop is running 64bit system. HAve downloaded the 64 bit ver. of 2013 InventorLT suite several times???Smiley Mad

Sincerely

Chuck 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Darin.Green
in reply to: cbduffeck

Try running in compatibility mode. Right-Click the Inventor shortcut, choose properties > Navigate to the Compatibility Tab. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows 7" from the drop-down.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 18
cbduffeck
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hello Glen,

No that did not work. I tried both the Compatibility mode for Systems 8 and 7. Identical errors.Man Frustrated

Sincerely,

Chuck

Message 4 of 18
cbduffeck

Sorry about referring to you as Glen,

So let me formally say Hello Darin

Message 5 of 18
Darin.Green

What error message are you getting? Can you attach a screenshot? Also, try disabling your anti-virus and see if the issue persists.

Message 6 of 18
cbduffeck

Hello Darin,

The attachment is the screen shot as requested.

Thanks

Chuck

Message 7 of 18
Darin.Green

Thank you for providing the error message. Use the following link to the Autodesk solution for this problem.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-ecscad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Message 8 of 18
cbduffeck

I downloaded the Autoruns program, Started it tried to open Inventor ( did not open) Looked at the Applnit tab and files, Nothing was listed.

What now?

Message 9 of 18
cbduffeck

Tried Enabling the Windows .net 3.5 drivers and unistalled everything for a third time and reinstalled again. Same error. Unable to luanch the Inventor program. ????

I really need to get this running. I am falling behind on design work, If I cannot get it tomorrow, I will probable take the computer back and reinstall on the windows 7 desktop machine. Or do I try another laptop with 8.1??

Message 10 of 18
cbduffeck

I should also tell you that I downloaded the service update and upon opening it it tells me that it is incapatible with the software program because a file is missing?

Message 11 of 18
cbduffeck

Windows 8 and 8.1 OS does not run AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2013.

Returned the computer after much frustration and time.

Back to running the OLD Laptop that has XP on it.

Message 12 of 18
Darin.Green

I'm sorry that you had to experience these type of issues and eventually having to throw int he towel...

Since windows 8 was released, many people when through the same problems which prompted us to recommend windows 7 over 8 to our customers. If you decide to purchase another machine, it may be worth paying the down-grade fee to windows 7 instead of 8...

Take care.

Message 13 of 18
cbduffeck

Hello Darin,

Autodesk needs to post the requirements on the 2013 AutoCad Inventor LT Suite that It will not work with the Windows 8 and 8.1

Thanks for your assistance

Message 14 of 18
ampster401

No such software called "AutoCAD Inventor"  lol

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Sys...

That page is dated Feb 25th of this year.  This link should have been provided right in the begining of your thread.

Message 15 of 18
Darin.Green
in reply to: ampster401

Ampster,

Actually, there is a product called "AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite". The reason why is because AutoCAD is included in the suite.

AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite.jpg

Message 16 of 18
Darin.Green

cbduffeck,

Inventor 2013 is not supported on Windows 8 or 8.1. Here are the requirements for Inventor 2013:

Inventor SysReq

However, Inventor 2015 is supported. Although there are issues with Windows 8 and the Autodesk products, the reason why Autodesk doesn't say it's not supported is because it was written on the same platform as Windows 8 (.NET Framework 4.5). This being the case, it should be supported. However, many of the issues found with the Windows 8 platform is mostly related to the faulty Windows environment not the Autodesk applications.

Hope that make sense.

Message 17 of 18
ampster401

I still say that was a big boo-boo by Adesk to call anything by that title.

When someone comes to me and says they have a problem with their Autodesk software, it's the guessing game as to what they mean...most people mean "AutoCAD".  Then there are those people who call me seeking support saying they have a problem with their AutoCAD and cannot figure out why it won't save an .ipt...

Thanks Autodesk!

Message 18 of 18
Darin.Green
in reply to: ampster401

lol...You're right about the misconceptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report