Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Civil 3D Install Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CameronPerry
402 Views, 1 Reply

2013 Civil 3D Install Issues

I have just downloaded the 30 day trial of Civil 3D and am having issues completing the install. I run the steup.exe file, it brings up the initializing screen, and always errors with the message:

"The system cannot open the device or file specified.

C\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI8556.tmp\x86\en-us\Componets\adr2013\SetupDesign2013.msi"

The "_AI8556" part changes every time I try to open it, but the rest stays the same. I have admin access on this computer. I'm also unsure why the "x86" part comes up when I am trying to install the 64 bit version of the software. If anyone has any ideas that may help me complete the install, please reply. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: CameronPerry

A lot of this lately is caused by anti-virus protection.  Make sure it is disabled, UAC is off, and you have local admin rights when installing. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report