Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Deployment fails, returns 1603 error

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
karthur1
1470 Views, 20 Replies

2012 Deployment fails, returns 1603 error

I created a deployment and now I am trying to use it to install Inv Suite 2012. It ran for a little bit, then stopped.  When I review the log file, it shows that it got to the Autocad Mechanical 2012, then aborted the installation (Result=1603).

Below is a snippet of the log file.  Entire file attached as well.

2012_install.png

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: karthur1

You might try installing from media instead of deployment.  Or if your deployment is in silent mode, to uncheck the box and try again.  You may have better luck with the installation. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 21
karthur1
in reply to: TravisNave

I'll try modifying the deployment and unchecking the silent mode box first.

I have got to get the deployment to work... to many installations to do to install from the media.

Message 4 of 21
karthur1

---Update

I was trying to install this from a remote desktop session.  Thought that might be the problem.  I tried it from the workstation and got the same error.  then I modified the deployment to not run in silent mode and it failed also.  I keep getting the Error 1603 in the log.

What is keeping this from installing?

Message 5 of 21
TravisNave

Installing from RDC definitely causes problems, so it is good you moved to the machine physically.  With it not being in silent mode, could you tell the location it failed?  You might have to attach the larger .log file located in the %TEMP% folder.

Sometimes installation from physical media works better. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 21
karthur1

Ran from workstation in non-silent mode.  Noticed that the inventor node gave some information about needing to install a MS Vista hotfix KB971138.  Did that and re ran the deployment.  Inventor installed, but when it got to Autodesk Mechanical 2012, it died.  Still getting the same 1603 error.

Looked in the workstation's %Temp% folder and there is no log file there.

Message 7 of 21
TravisNave

Strange that there is no log.  What about the installation log location provided in the deployment?  Maybe that will help?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 21
karthur1

Here is the log that was under the deployment folder.

Message 9 of 21
TravisNave

Unfortunately, the log doesn't provide any additional information as to the cause of the 1603 generic failure.  You might try installing as another user.  Make sure you have the prerequisite .NET 4.0 installed first and you have local admin rights.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 21

please install the attched register key before installing deployment, it can help create the detail log file of ACM installation

when you install the deployment in a non-silent mode, what error did you see of ACM installation? could you please attach a screenshot?

Message 11 of 21

Yesterday during the install, I got this error.  Got the same message if I ran the deploy at the machine or from a remote desktop connection. 

This morning I added the registry key (logenabler64) and gives me the same error message.  Where can I find the log file?

2012_install.jpg

Message 12 of 21
kevin.moore

Hi,

I saw this line in your log file, so installing via remote desktop my not work.

The installer is unable to determine your current graphics card. This is frequently caused by installing over a remote desktop, or by using virtualization software.

It is recommended that you check your system to ensure that it meets the requirements for this product before installing.

Error 1603 is a rather generic message.

The Design Suite 2012 Log file will be in the LOG folder under the deployment folder.

Suggestions:

1. Run Windows Update and reboot.

2. Pre-install .NET 4.0 from the deployment folder.

AdminImage\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

3. Pre-install DirectX 9.   This may or may not be your problem, but will eliminate his possible issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17391481&linkID=9240617

DirectX 9 from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19743

DirectX install instructions.

1. Download and install the DirectX installer from Microsoft.
  2. Delete the contents of  your Temp folder.   (Enter  %temp%  in the Windows Explorer Address bar  to get to the temp folder.)
  3. Reboot  (After installing Windows Updates or Microsoft system software, a reboot is always advisable.)
  4. Run the deployment.

Post the results and let us know if you can install AutoCAD Mechanical. 

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

I also receive this error. Looking forward to a resolution.

Message 14 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Does this error occur when:

1.  Installing the deployment on another machine?

2.  Installing Mechanical from physical media instead of the deployment?

This may be helpful in determining in the problem is machine related or deployment related. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Travis,

My issue is coming from installing a network license onto a Windows 7 computer.

So far we have installed the deployment on several Windows XP64 machines with no problems whatsoever. It should also be noted that on the XP machines, all users have admin rights. On the Windows 7 computer, our IT has to enter their password to start the install.

I'm going to have IT login as admin to do the install and see if that is the issue.

Thanks,

Cliff

Message 16 of 21
TravisNave

Cliff,

I'd say that would be a good start.  The installer will need specific rights to the user profile and registry that requires local administrator rights. 

Let me know the results.  Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

OK, just tried installing under the admin login with same results.

Apparently the error is not a rights issue.

Message 18 of 21
TravisNave

What is the error that you receive?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Install Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

We are going to try copying the files over to the drive and see the result. We have been trying to install as a network deployment.

Message 20 of 21
TravisNave

Agreed.  Try using the DVD or USB Key when performing this function. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report