Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 AutoCAD Imstallation best Practices

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jasongander
220 Views, 2 Replies

2012 AutoCAD Imstallation best Practices

Hi,

I have a bit of a long winded question for the forum.

Currently our installation is pushed from IT.  We provide the support paths to where our custom CUI files and plotting/publishing files are located on our network.  We also have a network location for where our blocks, borders etc are located and these files are accessed by both ACAD mechanical installations and ACAD electrical installations by adding and changing our support paths to these network locations.

Recently we have been having network slow downs and other related issues including non functionality and random errors that seem to be caused by this form of installation.

Our reseller has recommended we move all these files to vault, which is what we are using for our drawings anyway... but they didn't have any documentation or information on how to do this but they would be happy to come in and set us up but we don't want to have to pay every time we make a change.  My question is, is this the best way to complete our installation and how do I go about completing this install.  I can't have my team checking out CUIX files from vault and loading them every morning so I am looking to you to see if there is a best practice out there that I can follow.

I need 3 things: 

1.) To be able to manage all our customizations and be able to update them so they can be accessed from a central location.

2.) to be able to control these files so people are not using older versions or bugged versions

3.) All the functions of Mechanical and Electrical to work.  This last one wasn't an issue when we were not using all the extra symbols and libraries but we want to use them to make us more efficient.

Thank you in advance.

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jasongander

This is just a recommendation, but you might consider posting this in the CAD Manager forum. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/bd-p/112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
jasongander
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis,  I have posted it on there as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report