Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Network install freezes "Generating native image for assembly"

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tpdickerson
641 Views, 9 Replies

2010 Network install freezes "Generating native image for assembly"

We are trying to package a network installation of AutoCAD 2010.  The install locks up with a message box titled "Installation Progress" and a message of "Generating native image for assembly".  The following is the last line in my install log while locked up.

MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:593]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CreateLicFile,ActionType=1025,Source=BinaryData,Target=CreateLicFile,CustomActionData=C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\;RemoteServerName 000000000000)

Any ideas what could be happening here?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hashim.mundol
in reply to: tpdickerson

could you please try a clean installation in diagnostics mode to isolate any system issues

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
tpdickerson
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks, I did that and it locked up in the same location.

MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:34:453]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=NgenCreate,ActionType=1025,Source=BinaryData,Target=NgenCreate,CustomActionData=C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Ngen.exe;C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\AcWindows.dll)
MSI (s) (E0:FC) [14:44:34:484]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI34.tmp, Entrypoint: NgenCreate
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:34:718]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=DoRegCmc,,)
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:34:718]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=DoRegCmc,ActionType=1089,Source=BinaryData,Target=DoRegCmc,CustomActionData=C:\PROGRA~1\AUTODE~1\INSTAL~1\ADMINI~1\x86\acad\;;Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0;ACAD-8001:409;)
MSI (s) (E0:B0) [14:44:34:734]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI35.tmp, Entrypoint: DoRegCmc
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:34:968]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=DoRegEReg,,)
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:34:968]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=DoRegEReg,ActionType=1089,Source=BinaryData,Target=DoRegEReg,CustomActionData=C:\PROGRA~1\AUTODE~1\INSTAL~1\ADMINI~1\x86\acad\;;Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0;ACAD-8001:409;)
MSI (s) (E0:20) [14:44:34:984]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI36.tmp, Entrypoint: DoRegEReg
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:187]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=DoRegNswSettings,,)
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:187]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=DoRegNswSettings,ActionType=1089,Source=BinaryData,Target=DoRegNswSettings,CustomActionData=C:\PROGRA~1\AUTODE~1\INSTAL~1\ADMINI~1\x86\acad\;;;Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0;ACAD-8001:409;)
MSI (s) (E0:44) [14:44:35:218]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI37.tmp, Entrypoint: DoRegNswSettings
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:437]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=adlmInstSetProductInformation,,)
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:437]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=adlmInstSetProductInformation,ActionType=1025,Source=BinaryData,Target=adlmInstSetProductInformation,CustomActionData=001B1;001B1;2010.0.0.F;C:\PROGRA~1\AUTODE~1\INSTAL~1\ADMINI~1\x86\acad\AutoCADConfig.pit;390-86981132;3;1)
MSI (s) (E0:E4) [14:44:35:468]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI38.tmp, Entrypoint: adlmInstSetProductInformation
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:593]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=CreateLicFile,,)
MSI (s) (E0:00) [14:44:35:593]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CreateLicFile,ActionType=1025,Source=BinaryData,Target=CreateLicFile,CustomActionData=C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\;CANRS907 000000000000)

Message 4 of 10
hashim.mundol

If you have no other Autodesk products on the machine please serach for this file and delete it

ProductInformation.pit

normally they are in %programdata%\autodesk\adlm ( win7 and in xp in all users application data)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
tpdickerson

I did a search over the whole computer and could not find it after uninstall.

Message 6 of 10
hashim.mundol

Where is the installation source, can you try to copy the source locally and try.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
tpdickerson

Yes, I tried copying the package to the local machine, but it still fails.

The package is for multiple locations within my company.  By default, the package installs the default license server as a different location than mine and then post install of AutoCAD swaps the license file with the correct location's license file to point to the appropriate license server.   Other users at different locations are not having the problem I am.  It freezes up when it attempts to set the network license server to a server at a different location, if that makes sense, but other remote locations are not having the problem I am.

As an example, say we have location A, B, and C all with their own license server.  One package is built for all locations.  The package by default installs with license server = A.  Then after the install of AutoCAD, if the computer is in location B or C, the package replaces the license file with the appropriate locations license file.  I am in location B and when I run the package it stalls when trying to contact location A's license server.  If I end the msiexec.exe process that is stalled, the installation continues and completes successfully.  The install works fine for location B and also for location C.

Can you tell me what protocols/ports the AutoCAD install may be using when it tries to contact the default license server during the initial install? 

Message 8 of 10
hashim.mundol

it checks on following ports by default.

27000-27009 for lmgrd process running

then 2080 (or any other port) depending on the license file for the adskflex process

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
tpdickerson

I can telnet to the server through both of 27000 and 2080.  I'm no networking expert, but could a firewall be blocking a particular protocol that is being used on those ports?

Message 10 of 10
hashim.mundol

If you modify the deployment(as a copy) to have the right license server for your network, does it work ?

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report