Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 ACAD Flex LM Deployment Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
newsoutharchitects
202 Views, 2 Replies

2008 ACAD Flex LM Deployment Issue

I have a 5 license 2008 Acad network license installed on a Windows 2003 SBS server. All of the work stations are Windows XP. Acad 2008 is written to work with both the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows XP platforms. The license manager was set up with 32 bit. It will not load a 64 bit even though the software was manufactured to run using the 64 bit platform. Is there a Flex LM patch that will accommodate issuing licenses to either platform since the software is designed to work with either 32 or 64 bit?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The platform of the client and/or the server is not relevant to the licensing of the product. It is possible that you have something else going on.  64-bit clients can pull from 32-bit NLMs and vice versa.  What errors are you getting on your 64-bit clients?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

I contacted another AutoCad IT manager and he had a solution involving editing the registry key. That worked and AutoCad LM did issue a license to the 64 bit computer. So I consider this issue resolved now. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report