Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Lmgrd process... is that expected

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
fawzimasri7137
2989 Views, 18 Replies

2 Lmgrd process... is that expected

Hello,

I have installed the lic manager for a Revit MEP 2011 on a win7 pro machine.

after many attempts i am still not able to obtain a valid license.  i always get the same error [-15.570].

one thing i noticed is that every time i start the service using lmtools, i can see two (2) lmgrd.exe process runing in the task manager, not just one.

when i stop the service using lmtools, both of them disappear.

and if right click on either one of these lmgrd.exe and choose to ponit to originating file, it points to the same file.

SO my question is whether having two lmgrd process runing is expected or not???

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
emily.xu
in reply to: fawzimasri7137

That is expected. These processes will ensure your product run.don't worry about it.

You mentioned -15 error, does this appear on the server side or the client side?

If on server, means your service not run correctly, just check your service configration, the license file and your hostname, Mac address.

If on client, means somthing wrong with the communication between your server and client, check if you can ping  from server to client and from client to server, ensure your 2080 and 27000-27009 port open,or close your firewall on client and server to ensure these port not blocked.

Good luck!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 19
fawzimasri7137
in reply to: emily.xu

Hi emily,

you have no idea how many times i uninstalled and cleaned anything to do with autodesk, just to get rid of that second process.... so thanks for confirmation.

regarding the error, i get it whether i try to get a license from revit that is installed on the server and from the Revit installed on a client machine.

I have disabled the Firewall in both client and Server

i have disabled Data execution prevention (DEP) in both client and server

i can ping from server to client and visa versa

i have double checked that the Host name and the MAC address are correct in the License file

So i am not sure what else i should check, any ideas??

i am on a win 7 professional 64 bit

fawzi

Message 4 of 19
emily.xu

Can you tell me if the license server works? or can you attach your license status and log file located on your server for me to check if something wrong I can find in these files?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 19

Hi emily,

-i have re-installed the NetworkLic Manager again on the host. id = revit_desktop_1; mac:7071BC3AiFCA

-I created a new service  to use the lic: pointing to lic fille form AutoDesk, and to lmgrd.exe that i just installed.

- i checked to LMTools to  ignore lic file path environment ( i saw that somewhere that why i did it)

- I starte the process and checked status : and i could not see any errors.

- I pinged the host from the Client and had 0% loss of packets

- i pinged the Cclient from the Host and again 0% loss of packets

- i opened Revit and gave the name of my host (revit_desktop_1) and same thing it did not like it. and came back with same error:  Unable to obtain a valid lic.... error[-15:570]

**- i opened the error log under my lic and i see "  Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1"

** - I noticed in the processes that flexnet licensing service 64 is not running.  i right clicked on it to start it and i got the error: "flexnet licensing service 64 could not be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled device associated with it ..."

- so i tried to install a hot fix from Autodesk, though i do not think it is the culprit ... but it did not install for some reason. (autodesklicensinghotfix.exe)

please find attachement of lic and log

any help appriciated...

fawzi

ps: win 7 Proffesional, intel i7 core. data execution protection (DEP) and Firewall are both disabled.

Message 6 of 19

hi,

was able to re start the flexnet service.

so i tried to obtain a license again, and still have the same error: was not able to obtain a valid license.

here is the log file attached.

Message 7 of 19

HIi All,

i finally got the solution from a ideate support - our local reseller for AutoDesk products -

It was as simple as disabling IP6.

i disabled it on the client only and tested and i was able to obtain a license.

I also tested it by disabling the Server only, and not the client and it worked then as well.

For disabbling IP6 in win7 do the following: 

- type IP6 in the search box above the windows button. (bottom right)

- widows will open the control panel at Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network COnnections

- right click on the loal area connection icon and choose properties

- Uncheck the box for IPv6 support

- click OK

Tthanks for your help you guys...

Message 8 of 19
emily.xu

Very gald to hear your problem solved!

And also, I want to give you additional info about IPV6, we have an update version for Lmtools, you can find it at :http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=13140816, so you can just update your license server without disable Ipv6.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 9 of 19
fawzimasri7137
in reply to: emily.xu

Hi Emily,

thanks for the link, i will test it on Monday.

can you point me to any link that will help me in using the license manager with a client sitting on the same desktop?

when the client is on a seperate machine i am now able to obtain a valid license, however, when the client is on the same machine as the lic manager, i get the same error[-15:570] .

thanks,

Message 10 of 19
emily.xu

You can find the solution on : http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=10245934&siteID=123112. It includes general errors with network license and the solutions.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 11 of 19

Hi Emily,

after i applied the fix for the IPv6 that youu sent me, i was able to to keep IPv6 enabled on my computers, but more importantly my problem of obtaining a lic from server when the client was on the server as well, disaperraed... so i hit two birds in one stone..

thanks a bunch..

fawzi

Message 12 of 19
ptrudeau

FYI -

Do not do this on Microsoft Small Business Server. My experience, it shut down the exchange transport service

Pat

Message 13 of 19
fawzimasri7137
in reply to: ptrudeau

hmm.. i'll keep this in mind.

currrently i do not plan on puting the Lic Manager on our MS server 2003, i am sticking with win7 for now.

thanks for the heds up

Message 14 of 19

Emily,

I installed Infrastructure Design Suite but got same problem with fawzi, I already uncheck IPV 6 but doesn't work, attached log file for your check.

Regards,
intan

Message 15 of 19
intanalazhar
in reply to: intanalazhar

Emily,

the attachment was wrong, apologize attached the right one.

Regards

Intan

Message 16 of 19
emily.xu

Hi Intan

I didn't find any problem in the debug log. it looks good.  Can you give me the server status to check?  did you get -15 error on the client?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 17 of 19
TravisNave

Intan,

Welcome to the community!

First, verify from the client that you can PING the server PC-10562 and get the expected IPv4 address.

PING PC-10562

If it is not an IPv4 address in the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx format, but rather an IPv6 in a larger hex format, then you need to modify your hosts file to point the DNS name of the server PC-10562 to its correct IPv4 address on each client that accesses it. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Then using Internet Explorer (not a 3rd party browser) from the client verify that ports 27000 (lmgrd.exe) and 2080 (adskflex.exe) are open in the firewall on the server:

http://PC-10562:27000

http://PC-10562:2080

Each should respond with a jargon page on verification.  You should get a response similar to this:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If you get a 'Page cannot be displayed' or other 404 Error, then you have a port being blocked.

If you have any additional issues, please post them here.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 18 of 19
intanalazhar
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the support,

Finally all functional now after I changed from Wifi to LAN Network, but the question is, how I can use Wifi? v.11.10 already used.

Thanks
Intan
Message 19 of 19
TravisNave

You can use WiFi but you might need to increase the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variables of your clients as the thruput latency might be slower and cause connectivity timeouts. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report