Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 AutoCAD License Files for 1 Server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ronnie_wilson
354 Views, 4 Replies

2 AutoCAD License Files for 1 Server

We want to consolidate two separate network AutoCAD 2005 license files to one server. One license file has 20 licenses and the other has 30 licenses. They both have different AutoCAD serial numbers in them. Once I get the new license files with the same host id, mac address, and the existing serial numbers, how can I get both license files to work with Flexlm 9.22? Do I change the port id on the license files?

Thanks
Ron
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ronnie_wilson

Have you tried to use the Network License Activation Utility to request a new license file? -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Blog: http://jtbworld.blogspot.com JTB FlexReport (FLEXnet / FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005 and 2006 www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm www.jtbworld.com/autocad2006.htm "rlw7163" wrote in message news:2085543.1112229590964.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We want to consolidate two separate network AutoCAD 2005 license files to > one server. One license file has 20 licenses and the other has 30 > licenses. They both have different AutoCAD serial numbers in them. Once I > get the new license files with the same host id, mac address, and the > existing serial numbers, how can I get both license files to work with > Flexlm 9.22? Do I change the port id on the license files? > > Thanks > Ron
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

The first thing I'd try is just combining the license files. Copy & Paste in notepad. Just like combining our 2004 & 2005 licenses of 4 autodesk products. I don't know of any reason that would not work once you get the new license files. Allen "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message news:424bdb8f_1@newsprd01... > Have you tried to use the Network License Activation Utility to request a > new license file? > > -- > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > Blog: http://jtbworld.blogspot.com > JTB FlexReport (FLEXnet / FLEXlm report tool) - > www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > More on AutoCAD 2005 and 2006 > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2006.htm > > > "rlw7163" wrote in message > news:2085543.1112229590964.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> We want to consolidate two separate network AutoCAD 2005 license files to >> one server. One license file has 20 licenses and the other has 30 >> licenses. They both have different AutoCAD serial numbers in them. Once I >> get the new license files with the same host id, mac address, and the >> existing serial numbers, how can I get both license files to work with >> Flexlm 9.22? Do I change the port id on the license files? >> >> Thanks >> Ron > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Ron: You can't use two separate license files on one server. I also don't believe that you can have two entries of the same product (and same version) in a single license file. You should talk to your reseller about combining them into a single license file. You may have a problem if they are two separate subscription contracts. You may not be able to combine them into a single license file unless you merge the contracts. If the "ante up" dates are different, you may have to pay some to get one contract caught up to the other. Kinda sucks. Again, your reseller should be able to help you with this. Sincerely, Drew Burgasser CAD Masters, Inc. www.cadmasters.com "rlw7163" wrote in message news:2085543.1112229590964.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We want to consolidate two separate network AutoCAD 2005 license files to > one server. One license file has 20 licenses and the other has 30 > licenses. They both have different AutoCAD serial numbers in them. Once I > get the new license files with the same host id, mac address, and the > existing serial numbers, how can I get both license files to work with > Flexlm 9.22? Do I change the port id on the license files? > > Thanks > Ron
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

if the new license file is for the same server (same host ID, Mac Address, etc), starting with the Increment line, copy everything from there down from one license file, insert a blank line, and paste it into the other license file. Works fine for me. Thanks, Kevin "Drew Burgasser" wrote in message news:424c2aff_1@newsprd01... > Ron: > > You can't use two separate license files on one server. I also don't > believe that you can have two entries of the same product (and same > version) in a single license file. > > You should talk to your reseller about combining them into a single > license file. > > You may have a problem if they are two separate subscription contracts. > You may not be able to combine them into a single license file unless you > merge the contracts. If the "ante up" dates are different, you may have > to pay some to get one contract caught up to the other. Kinda sucks. > > Again, your reseller should be able to help you with this. > > Sincerely, > Drew Burgasser > CAD Masters, Inc. > www.cadmasters.com > > > "rlw7163" wrote in message > news:2085543.1112229590964.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> We want to consolidate two separate network AutoCAD 2005 license files to >> one server. One license file has 20 licenses and the other has 30 >> licenses. They both have different AutoCAD serial numbers in them. Once I >> get the new license files with the same host id, mac address, and the >> existing serial numbers, how can I get both license files to work with >> Flexlm 9.22? Do I change the port id on the license files? >> >> Thanks >> Ron > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report