Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[17271] - Network Licensing Cascading Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
A2K_TechSR
297 Views, 3 Replies

[17271] - Network Licensing Cascading Question

Background information:

a network licence file that contains point products for AutoCAD and Raster Design.  It also contains an Infrastructure suite licence.  Products are 2012 version licence file is for 2014 versions.

Issue:

If we have AutoCAD with Raster Design installed and we start AutoCAD (not Raster Design) rather than pulling an AutoCAD Licence, it will pull an Infrastructure suite licence.

Possible causes:

1.  order of licences in the licence file

2.  starting AutoCAD also wants to launch Raster therefore consuming one Suite licence is "better than" consuming two point product licences

Question:

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there any known issues surrounding this?  Is there anyway to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: A2K_TechSR

The cascading in the 2012 release was kinda wonky.  But a lot of that has been addressed in the latest release.  In your combined license file, are all the products generated on the same date?  That is item #1 when it comes to combining for cascading. Otherwise the newest will supersede the oldest.

Make sure your status enquiry shows all licenses are available. 

I typically do recommend that your license order should start with your lowest cost seats first.  Even though it shouldn't matter, we typically find that it often does.

Edit:  Darren, was there a hotfix for IDS on this?  Or am I remembering wrong?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

the fix was for civil 3d 2012 and Infrastructure Design Suite 2012

i am going to agree this might be because of the licenses were not generated on the same day

go here: http://www.licenseparser.com/

and run your combined license through it and that will determine if they were generated on the same day

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
A2K_TechSR
in reply to: A2K_TechSR

OK I'm quitely confident that the date requested will be the same. The order listed in the licence file I'm unsure of.  And yes I'm sure if they were using 2013 or 2014 products it wouldn't be an issue.  We have replace the Infrastructure Suite with a point licence in the mean time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report