Installation & Licensing Community Knowledge Base

DWG TrueView and .NET 4.0 Installation Problems

by Alumni TBasich ‎02-27-2013 01:10 PM - edited ‎09-25-2013 11:30 AM

ISSUE: You are having problems installing DWG TrueView on your computer. Specifically, you are getting an error that says you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher even though .NET 4.0 is already installed.

RESOLUTION: You might be experiencing this error because the .NET framework that comes with Windows 7 is a partial installation. To fix this issue, install a full version of .NET 4.0. You can download the full .NET 4.0 from the Microsoft website. When installed correctly, there will be two entries in your Control Panel installed program list: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended. After installing .NET completely, DWG TrueView should install normally.

NOTE:

The TrueView installer is specifically checking the registry for installation of Microsoft KB2468871. Even if you’ve just downloaded and installed .NET 4.0, the TrueView installation will fail unless update KB2468871 is also installed.

Download the KB2468871 update

UPDATE:

The main solution to this problem is to install Microsoft .NET Framework, a compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4. (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653)

Comments
by guilherme_eng on ‎03-10-2014 07:56 AM

I did this, but i have one more problem
when i access the program this Feedback/menssage appears

pr.PNGp2.PNG

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube

Contributors