Installation & Licensing Community Knowledge Base

AutoCAD 2013 and Windows 8 Compatibility

by Alumni TBasich on ‎02-27-2013 01:12 PM

QUESTION: Your computer has a Windows 8 operating system and you're wondering if it's compatible with AutoCAD 2013.

ANSWER: AutoCAD is not a supported product for Windows 8 at this time, which means it has not been thoroughly tested. While some users have gotten AutoCAD to work on their Windows 8 system, there is no guarantee that the systems are compatible.

Please note that the educational version of AutoCAD is the same program as the regular version, it just has an educational license and should watermark files.

If you'd like additional information on which software is compatible with a particular operating system, please see the article linked here.

Comments
by Active Contributor bluebull on ‎12-04-2013 12:27 PM

Well, My version is acad 2011. 

Regards to blocks: 

I would like know how to erase a block from a dwg. file.....even though erasing from the drawing,  it still is in there as a list of items when you apply the command "insert" it is still listed. I would like to remove it entirely with no trace of it's prior existence.

Thank you.

Alex

by LIUDIANWU on ‎03-17-2014 12:36 AM

CHIAN

by tabraizkhan79 on ‎05-14-2014 11:37 AM

I am an engineer and want to learn autocad mechanical. so which version would you suggest for the begineers.

regards

by venugopals on ‎07-18-2014 07:41 AM

Hello,

May I  know AutoCAD 2013 compatible on Windows 8.1 machine

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

by lysandragomes on ‎09-05-2014 06:22 PM

I am not getting download autocad 2013gostaria that sends without me step-by-step, please

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube

Contributors