Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo not working??

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Sarford
28982 Views, 13 Replies

Undo not working??

Hi, I've got a slight problem. It seems my undo's aren't working 😕
They are greyed out in the edit menu. Whenever I'm modeling and I want to go back a step I can't undo.
I'm NOT modeling in the immediate mode, so that can't be the problem.

Anybody had this before and know how to solve this?

Thanks. Simon
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Sarford

Go to File>Preferences>General and check to see how many "undos" you have, it might have mysteriously changed to zero, if so then just increase the #.
Message 3 of 14
Sarford

Thanks AceMastermind, that was the solution!

Seems there is some ghost inside XSI couse it sometimes also turns off the property panels you get when creating new geometry (but I know how to set them on again). 😄
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Happened to me a little while ago to. Strange isn't it.
Message 5 of 14
Sarford

Hi Ethangar, good to see you here 😄
But you are right, it is quite particular that XSI seems to change it settings on its own. Maybe its the advanced character-animation-AI ??
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

I got both.. No property pages and the undo thing. I in immediate mode a few times before so I just figured that had something to do with it.
Message 7 of 14
alavath
in reply to: Anonymous

So I tried this but the undo/redo still does not work so what is the fix?

Message 8 of 14
brissef2
in reply to: alavath

Hi alavath,

Does the issue go away if you restart Softimage?

Is your undo level set to a number higher than 0?

Best regards.

Francis

Message 9 of 14
cmosullivan76

Hi, not working for me either. Settings are at 50. It works for a bit and then conks out. Update didn't fix it. Operating from a Mac book air. Annoying!
Message 10 of 14
brissef2
in reply to: cmosullivan76

Hi @cmosullivan76,

If you could find out the exact repro steps that leads to break the undo, I might be able to find you a workaround.

Best regards,

Francis

Message 11 of 14
dpiworx
in reply to: brissef2

I had to lower my undo level. I had it up to 75 and then started getting the random "undo disabled" problem. I lowered it down to 15, restarted XSI, and it seems to be working now. Maybe having a high undo level is taking up too many resources and XSI freaks out and just disables it altogether?

Cory Wright

Message 12 of 14
mrdeug08241
in reply to: dpiworx

If it takes up too much resources, the XSI will crash and disable it quickly, this is no doubt ,

Message 13 of 14
dpiworx
in reply to: dpiworx

I also noticed that if I made one change, then saved, it would let me undo, even the one change I made before saving. 

Message 14 of 14
npchurchill

Ive been having an issue with undo -

In preferences - my settings for undo are either on infinite or 1000 but always turned on -

In the beginning of my scene its working fine, and after a certain point, usually around the 10th key (animation ) the undo key stops working - I've tried updating, using different versions, but it is happening across all my versions and updates will not stop in - I've also tried uninstalling and installing again 

Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report