Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with tutorials.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
164 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with tutorials.

I downloaded the XSI Mod Tool yesterday but I am having problems using it. Any tutorial I find for the Mod Tool seem out dated or just seem to use a completely different version.

I have been tryign to use the video tutorials found on this page.
www.softimage.com/products/modtool/learn.aspx
The first problem I come across is that in the video to create a sphere the person selected Create/Objects. When I try to follow this step I quickly realize that I have no button saying objects.
The only options under Create I have to click are:
Curve, Surf. Mesh, Poly. Mesh, Skeleton, Model, Text.

Messing around I found that I could still create a Sphere from Get/Primitive/PolygonMesh/Sphere.
But another problem arises, in the video tutorial the narrator has a silver textured sphere, while mine is nothing more then a wire frame.

I really want to be able to use the Mod Tool but I am finding it extremely frustrating that every tutorial I find is for what seems to be an older version of the software. Even the video tutorials from what I assume to be an official web page fail to be consistent to what I want to know.

Could someone please help me, maybe I am missing something huge, but any help would be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The first thing you'll want to do is click on "Modes" in the top toolbar, then click on "XSI Default (Pro Mode)", then you'll have the same mode as in the tutorials and you'll be able to follow along.

You can change your object's appearance by clicking on "Wireframe" to bring up this menu and then selecting "Shaded" or whatever you choose:
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Johnny,

Yup Ace responded just before I did. The thing about the Mod Tool to realize is that it is practically XSI with just a few things turned off. So any XSI tutorial should work with it provided that the feature is active.

The best thing you can do is to switch to "Pro Mode" or the default XSI layout. That will give you parity between the Mod Tool and all other commercial editions of XSI.

Best,

Leo
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The first thing you'll want to do is click on "Modes" in the top toolbar, then click on "XSI Default (Pro Mode)", then you'll have the same mode as in the tutorials and you'll be able to follow along.

Thanks for the help but; I do not have a Modes button to press.
This is what I have:

Edit:
Found out how to update the software and I now have the Modes button on my top tool bar. Thanks for all the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report