Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 windows 8.1 not working

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Yasick1
9768 Views, 8 Replies

3ds Max 2014 windows 8.1 not working

Hi, ive just purchased a new PC, fresh copy of windows 8.1

Only thing i have installed are NVIDIA drivers and motherboard drivers.

So i downloaded a student version of 3dsmax 2014, and when i click on .exe it loads a little then crashes. Says Application Error and asks me if i want to save file.

I cant even get into 3dsmax, crashes everytime. Ive tried admin mode, running with win7 compability compatibility.

Nothing helps, i have a project due in by the end of this week and i cannot get 3dsmax to run, downgrading to win 8 or 7 is not an option, i purchased windows 8.1 pro version. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Yasick1

Windows 8.1 is not yet compatible with Autodesk software. so there is still a lot of glitches. Do you have the service packs for 3DS Max installed?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 9
Yasick1
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

after all day of trying, for some strange reason i thought id format, i also downloaded the trial version and didnt enter my student activation which i have done previously. This makes no sense to me what so ever.

So fresh new install again, first thing i installed was 3dsmax with sp3, before installing graphics card drivers. I ran it, chose 30 day trial and it loaded. So it works. Im affraid to enter my student code incase it stuffs up again. 

*Just installed latest nvidia drivers and still works, however sometimes it stops responding on start up and sometimes it takes over 1 minute to load in.

system specs: i7 @ 4.5, sli 680 gtx, 16gb ddr, SSD hd.

The most intereseting thing to me is that before formatting my system was clean also, just had more windows updates, so im thinking windows updates is what stuffs it up. 

Very very very unstable with win 8.1

Message 4 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan

OK so if I was you I wouldn't update now, do my project that is due and then do the updates next week. 

Windows 8.1 is extremely unstable. Service packs normally solve it but not always. Hopefully this would be fixed soon

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 9
info
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi Everyone,

After my old PC running windows 7 and 3ds max 2014 broke down, I am moving to a new computer.

I want to install windows 8.1, and heard about these problems.

Two months after your last posts, is there something new?

What did you do at the end?

Thanx

Gidon

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: info

Hi Guys....
im wondering the same thing bout the window 8.1 as the above commentandc since 3ds design doesnt come in 32bit, im already using an extra screen for this so please help me out 🙂
thanks
Message 7 of 9
veritas.alex32

Ok In having problems with 3ds max 2013 student version can someone please help me! I'm also running 3ds max on Windows 8.1 but the funny thing is thhat when I first installed it it work perfect no glitches what so ever until this morning I was up late working on a project I saved my work and went to sleep when I woke up and tried launching 3ds max it wouldn't evenoOpenSolaris I've uninstalled and installed over and over and still no response I''ve tried running it under administrative and nothing can some one please help,me!
Message 8 of 9
info
in reply to: veritas.alex32

Hi Alex,

I had a few concerns before installing  3ds max 2014 on my fresh clean install of Windows 8.1, I even think that Autodesk had warned about it not being fully compatible.

The truth is it works perfectly, no problems at all.

My win 8.1 had all of the latest drivers installed, and it all works fine.

just for your information - maybe the problems are somewhere else... (drivers, update etc..)

Gidon

Message 9 of 9
asunaidi

Hello,

I just downlouded the last version from windows 10 yesterday, 3d max is not working after that upgrad, even though i checked for updates in NVIDIA GEFORCE and get it up to date. what can i do to solve this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report