Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport 2.0 has 0% load on GPU?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
289 Views, 3 Replies

Viewport 2.0 has 0% load on GPU?

Hi everyone, 

I recently installed a Quadro K2200 for my use with Maya. I have an animation that I'm trying to playback and the card doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of playback, just hangs at 6fps. 

The GPU load stays at 0% when using viewport 2.0 (works in other apps like photoshop). 

Is there something I'm missing to get viewport 2.0 to function? 

I'm running the latest driver and have tried with the driver autodesk reccomends on their certified hardware page as well. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pshwayka
in reply to: Anonymous

Forgive me if you've already tried these two things:

Right click on your timeline.  Make sure Playback Speed -> Play Every Frame, Free is selected.

Also, having Directx 11 selected as your rendering engine in Window->Settings/Preferences/Display helps.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

Thanks Pshwayka, I've tried those already. 

After more testing it can go past 0%, when I push it (with ambient occlusion, depth of field, anti-aliasing, etc.) it gets to 5-10%.

But it still won't cache the animation and it'll only playback at 6fps. Anyone know of a way to increase the amount of GPU used? Can I set it to use like 60% so that I can get a better frame rate in Maya?  

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think it works that way.  Like most systems it will "take" as much as it needs, not as much as you tell it to.  There may be other issues at play here ie. whats being done is outside of the features of the card.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report