Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport 2.0 blacking out when selecting objects (MacBook Pro)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kyle.carroll
680 Views, 5 Replies

Viewport 2.0 blacking out when selecting objects (MacBook Pro)

Anyone here working with a rMBP, Late 2013? I'm having issues...when selecting any object, while my mouse is pressed, the viewport goes black. When I release the button, it is visible again. This only happens in viewport 2.0, and only on the discrete graphics. If I force it to run on the integrated graphics, I don't have this issue.

Is there any way to update the 750m drivers on a MBP? Any suggestions as to what else might be causing this? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have exactly the same problem running on an IMac.

Message 3 of 6
karl.bomin
in reply to: kyle.carroll

Exactly the same problem started on my MacBook Pro Retina just after I had updated Mavericks to version 10.9.3.

Karl

Message 4 of 6
kyle.carroll

So, I found a rather obscure way to prevent this issue and it has worked for me every time. When you first open up Maya, wait for everything to load, then marquee select inside the viewport (2.0 by default). The scene is empty, but make a few marquee selects anyway. Now, when you open your project file, the issue should go away.

Message 5 of 6
karl.bomin

Service Pack 2 didn't fix the problem.

Karl

Message 6 of 6
andrewsgunn

That's great. I don't know why Kyle, but it works like a dream.

Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report