Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV Texture Editor crashes Maya

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
halfstone
402 Views, 2 Replies

UV Texture Editor crashes Maya

Whenever I toggle "shaded mode" and try to navigate in my UV Texture Editor window, Maya freezes and I have to restart.  This happens consistently. 

I'm using an HP Z400 workstation with Windows 7 64-bit, 12 gb of RAM and an AMD Radeon FirePro W7000; all hardware is on the approved list for Maya 2015.  I can't believe I don't have the horsepower to handle this task, so I'm wondering if there is a driver release or setting for my graphics card that I'm missing.  

I'm running Maya 2015 SP 5.  

Any thoughts, or similar experience? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
santd
in reply to: halfstone

Hello,

Thank you for posting to The Area Forums.

I have been testing this on my end with Maya 2015 SP 5 and have not been able to reproduce the hang. Does this occur for you in a simple test scene?

If not, how large is the scene that you are testing? Maybe I can create something to similar proportion to see if the issue occurs.

I would say that it is definitely a great idea to update to the latest driver for your graphics cards.

The second thing that I would suggest is resetting your Maya preferences via the steps provided in the following link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-Maya...

I hope that information is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 3
halfstone
in reply to: santd

David 

Thanks for your response - I did all those things.  The crashes seem to be random - they come when I'm evaluating student work and looking for overlapping UV's.  I thought perhaps there might be a known issue with my graphics card, but apparently not.  

It seems to have abated with the installation of SP5, I guess time will tell.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report