Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To buy or to wait? (Maya)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AnthonyA
330 Views, 0 Replies

To buy or to wait? (Maya)

Hello folks, I need some advice. I've asked this question on Polycount, but as yet, no-one has responded. (wasn't sure where to put this, so just put it in Maya General, if it's in the wrong section, the mods can move it.)

I've been a 3ds max user for about 8 years now, all that time i've been using educational licenses (though I paid about £2000 when i got my first one, that was back in the days before the free student licenses), and i've recently decided to switch to a commercial version of Maya.

With upgrade pricing being discontinued in January next year, and perpetual licenses getting phased out over the next two years, i'll only be getting a perpetual license once, can't afford Desktop subscription on a continual basis indefinitely, and AD don't allow continued use of licenses after subscriptions end (rentals anyway), which rules out me going the subscription route.

I've got two questions here, I already asked one of them in the technical talk section couple of days ago, but got no response (probably because i didn't word it right), so here's my first one:

Should I get a license for Maya 2015 now, or wait until 2016 is released? (which could be the last perpetual version, but we won't know until they announce it)

And here is my second question, the one i asked the other day:

Should i just get a copy of maya on it's own, or go for the standard M/E Creation Suite?

Any help would be apreciated. Thanks.

Zbrush 4R5, Max 2012 (might switch to Maya soon)
----
Win 7 Pro X64, Q6600 Intel 2.4GHz Quad Core CPU, 6 GB DDR2 RAM
Samsung 400GB SATA int Hard Drive, TOURO 4TB ext Hard Drive
Asus Std Motherboard, Radeon XFX 7950
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report