Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Software license check out failed. Error 41

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
5728 Views, 3 Replies

The Software license check out failed. Error 41

Hi All

I wonder if you can help me, I work for a university we have a 25pk licence running off a licence server, I have one user who has been using Autodesk 3d studio max, i recently tried to install the SDK for this user and since I did this he can no longer open 3D Studio Max and gets the following error.

"The software license check out failed. Error 41."

I have tried a number of fixes, removing the SDK, trying to repair the installation and also renaming the ADLM folder (or whatever it is called) in application data and the user profile.

We are running Vista 64bit and the installation has been working fine. Any help would be appreciated I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall with this.

Cheers

:)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm receiving the exact same error.

I am using an individual license locally on my machine.
3D Studio Max 2010 x64
MacPro with Bootcamped Windows 7, Build 7100.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

this error occurs sometimes due to error in install.

however you have this problem after installation

I prefer you to re-install th software.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I am still having this issue for an unknown reason. I have been attempting to download this all day and have had no luck. it has been, almost literally, 12 hours of both downloading/installing and trial and error... can someone please, PLEASE, provide a helpful answer?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report