Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Move, scale, and rotate Tool manipulator has disappeared!

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
Anonymous
124379 Views, 40 Replies

The Move, scale, and rotate Tool manipulator has disappeared!

i have a bug in the maya 2010, i have installed maya 2010 in windows 7 the move,scale,rotate tool in maya is not appearing in the side/top and front view of maya but it works fine in presp view..anyone plese help...is this a issue with the graphic card or any fix for this.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It could be the graphics card. Which card do you have and which driver version are you using?
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous

I have the same problem,and I dont think it's a card issue because i have a system with latest configuration.
Iam using windows7
plz help to solve this problem?
Message 4 of 41
n8skow

That doesn't mean you have a graphics card suitable for Maya though...
Message 5 of 41
Anonymous

hi dude
Not A big deal Just read more about interface tools
Show>show manipulator :)
Message 6 of 41
Anonymous

What did you mean by not a big deal? I couldn't find solution for this "bug". Can you explain how to solve this problem more in detail?
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous

well, there's something called Modify->Transformation Tools->Show Manipulator Tool which perhaps you might have used inadvertently.

Only you haven't, because if that's what you did you would not have seen the manipulator at all, so that was not your problem. Why don't you tell us what card and driver version you're using?
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous

Well I am using NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT driver version is: 8.15.11.8593, my OS is Windows 7.

The manipulator tools was working fine in front/side/top views when Maya was installed on Windows XP.
Message 9 of 41
Anonymous

I fixed the problem with update of my graphic card driver. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for tips. Regards.
Message 10 of 41
Anonymous

Hi I Think i'm a little late, but the problem you have isn't about your graphic card or something with you're hardware, what happen in here is that you're affecting the pivot instead of your object, you can change from the object to its pivot pressing the Insert key for Windows or the Home key for Mac. I hope this help you for later purposes.
Tags (1)
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous

Muchas gracias, many thanks
Message 12 of 41
Anonymous

I read today about it after rotate tool disapear,it says delete the preferences folder and it go OK.
It works for me when I open maya, but I think you may do it each time open maya.
preferences file in> user> your name user> document> maya> 2010 .....(if you use maya 2010)for win7
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous

hai...even i have the same prob...pls anyone help me out from this problem.....
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous

If anyone still has this problem, as this is high in the google search results, the issue may lie with 'Tweak Mode' turned on under your tool settings. Double click on your rotate Manipulator tool to view your tool settings, and turn off 'Tweak Mode' at the bottom of your settings.tweak.PNG

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous

Wow! Thank you! You need many more Kudos!

As a completely green beginner, this baffled me. I find it's really tough to find decent tutorials online for this and 3DSMax. 

I will most likely be on these forums a lot. haha

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous

THANK YOU!

I think there really should be an on-screen indication when 'Tweak Mode' is enabled, similar to the one for 'Caps Lock'.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous

I know this is an old thread, but that just helped me greatly, thanks!

P.S. I'm methodical about my modeling, so I still have no idea how that got changed & messed up!

Message 18 of 41
andy.engelkemier

This happened to me as well, but it wasn't the graphics card, and it wasn't tweak mode. I'm not sure what it was, but people seem to have overlooked the easiest solution. There's a reset tool button. That fixes if you just happened to accidentally hit the wrong key or something like I must have. 

The downside is....I have no idea why the move tool was not displayed, but the others were. But at least it's fixed, and it might help someone out.

Message 19 of 41
lowe_clarence

It worked THANKS!

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone still has this problem, as this is high in the google search results, the issue may lie with 'Tweak Mode' turned on under your tool settings. Double click on your rotate Manipulator tool to view your tool settings, and turn off 'Tweak Mode' at the bottom of your settings.tweak.PNG

Message 20 of 41
sopedro01

Hi, 

Try Tool Settings -> Reset Tool

The Axis should appear after that.

Hope this helps,

Pedro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report