Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version not downloading on new computer

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hillpony
303 Views, 7 Replies

Student version not downloading on new computer

So I have maya 2013 (student version) on my old desktop. I just upgraded my desktop and trying to download the 2013 version it keeps failing. One question is what am I doing wrong? And since my new desktop could handle the newer versions of maya could I download one of those? Thanks for any help.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: hillpony

Hi @hillpony and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

We're happy to help but need more information from you:

What operating system are you running?

What did the error message say while you were downloading?

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

Did you by chance try a different download method?

Also, you can download any version of Maya that you like. It all depends on what you need. Thanks very much for your help in resolving this issue, we look forward to hearing from you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 8
hillpony
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

My old computer was running vista, and the new one is windows 8.  I don't remember the error message, but I just got home from work and am going to try it again.  I have not tried clearing the cookies and cache, but I will.  I also was using the same download process as I did the first time.  Also if I download a newer version of Maya, will my saves from the 2013 version open and work properly in the newer versions?  Thanks for you help.

Shaun

Message 4 of 8
jessica.t

Hi Shaun,

If you haven't already started, take these precautions before your next download attempt:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

The older drawings should open in the newer version of Maya as the two versions are close in release dates, however it's always possible that some could be lost in the transition.

If the error persists after that please reply with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 8
hillpony

Thanks Jessica,
I did all of that this morning before I left to work and it started to download. I'll find out what happens when I get home this afternoon. In case it fails, is there any screenshots I can take or any info you might need to help? Thanks again, I'll let you know either way this afternoon.
Shaun
Message 6 of 8
jessica.t

Hi Shaun,

If you run into any errors it would be great to get a screenshot of that, or any other messaging that you think may be related to a failed download. But definitely let me know how it goes! Good luck!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
hillpony

Hey Jessica,

Got home and everything was downloaded.  I'm up and running and I've tried all my saved projects and they all work as well.  Thanks so much for you help!!

Shaun

Message 8 of 8
jessica.t

You're very welcome! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report