Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange viewport issue (might have to do with graphics card)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
taikerr
246 Views, 4 Replies

Strange viewport issue (might have to do with graphics card)

So I have the M11x Alienware laptop that comes with the optimus feature that optimizes the two graphics cards being used for better battery efficiency. IE. It uses the integrated graphics during none application heavy use, and then switches to the Nvidia geforce 335M card when there is a game or a 3D application that needs the power.

That comes to my issue, if this runs well like I think it should then why do I get this strange effect in the viewport not to mention when switching viewports it starts to wig out for a quick second.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blukazs
in reply to: taikerr

I have the same issue with an 335gt and intel... with intel it runs fine but... SLOW. You should install the nvidia driver reales 257.21 from here :

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Yeah i know its strange and confusing why with any other driver it does not work!!!??? Thats why my next graphics card will definetly be no an nvidia card!! I've read somewhere that pixar changed their workstations hardware from nvidia's to ati's cause they had many many error with them and with red ones none. Looks like nvidia isnt so great how everyone is saying!! Also maya runs much smoother and faster on ati on mac than with sli gefroce If i could i would sell this laptop... maybe i will..
Good Luck!!
Message 3 of 5
taikerr

I have the same issue with an 335gt and intel... with intel it runs fine but... SLOW. You should install the nvidia driver reales 257.21 from here :

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Yeah i know its strange and confusing why with any other driver it does not work!!!??? Thats why my next graphics card will definetly be no an nvidia card!! I've read somewhere that pixar changed their workstations hardware from nvidia's to ati's cause they had many many error with them and with red ones none. Looks like nvidia isnt so great how everyone is saying!! Also maya runs much smoother and faster on ati on mac than with sli gefroce If i could i would sell this laptop... maybe i will..
Good Luck!!

thanks for thee response. Hopefully the driver helps.
Message 4 of 5
blukazs

No problem, always happy to help others!! Tell me if it helped, if yes then my gf isn't damaged, its just crap... or maya is crap? or both... I'm just pissed with all of this non-working hardware/software! -.-'
Message 5 of 5
blukazs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report