Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spontaneous hard shut down

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
glenn
176 Views, 2 Replies

Spontaneous hard shut down

I'm working through an issue in which I was rendering a particular scene, and the machine sponaneously shuts down.  Twice it happened as soon as I hit cancel on the render panel, then once when I wasn't even in the room.  Sadly this hard crash has messed with the reboot/start-up for windows and shuts down the machine upon windows start.  Sometimes have success in safe modes, but even that has failed at times.  I have a Microsoft tech "poking around under the hood" and he's targeting the Nvidia drivers for my Quadro K5000.  Anybody run into this before?  I'm suspicious that there's something within the scene that is throwing MR for a loop and its not just the video card drivers.  I do have several misc. "props" in the scene some of which came originally with V-ray mats.  I thought I replaced all but it does throw me an error that some maps are missing...  I have used these props before in other scenes, but never with this catastrophic result.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: glenn

that sounds more like your computer is overheating

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: DarrenP

Or the power supply is reaching maximum capacity.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report