Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow UI performance on OSX

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
n8skow
384 Views, 2 Replies

Slow UI performance on OSX

Been meaning to make a sticky for this... as it still seems to come up quite a bit.

The workaround is to remove the file:
\users\YourUserName\Library\Preferences\com.autodesk.Maya-2011-x64.plist

Or if that doesn’t do it, the other Autodesk files in that same directory.

This won’t fix all Mac performance problems at this time, but it may help some people.
http://www.thnkr.com/wiki/index.php?title=Com.autodesk.Maya-2011-x64.plist
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: n8skow

Thank you so much for hosting this thread. I have been losing my mind trying to find a work around for this problem.
Let me start off by saying I originally bought a macPro about a month ago. It came with build 10.6.5 installed. I have an 8 core with 6 gb of ram. It came with an ATI 5770 card. I am having the typical "Maya slowness / beach ball after doing anything problem." After some research I was under the impression that the 5870 would fix said problems. I went to the apple store swapped out my card. The 5870 runs 1% more efficiently. I am still having to wait about 5-10 second when switching between wire frame to shaded view or when toggling between transform and scale mode. It's also happening during a wide array of other instances. I tried deleting the com.autodesk files from my library / preferences folder and still running into the same problem. I feel up against a wall and I am mid project. I need help, im tossing this out to the forums for some love and support. Nobody at Apple was able to help me. Their staff is very nice, very supportive but also very uninformed about anything 3d related. Please help.
Ryan
Message 3 of 3
DavidGirard5926
in reply to: n8skow

that sounds like a license problem or your scene. I'm not seeing any sort of delays like that.

Try reactivating Maya - in the Help menu under license if you are seeing beachballing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report