Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
ctbram
125 Views, 2 Replies

Service Pack 2...

I want to upgrade to maya 2012 x64 SP2 from SP1 but I do not want to have to reinstall all my plugins!

I can save my shelve, hotkeys, and scripts but I am not sure what will happen to my plugins? I only have about 6 but I do not want to have to dig the install disks out and reinstall them all. Plus some of them go both ways, so what happens when I uninstall Maya? I mean maxwell touches a couple modeling apps and visa versa as does goz and others. I don't want to get my britches all wrapped around the axle in the hopes that SP2 might smooth out some of the Maya 2012 problems.

It's really making my head hurt. I truly do not want to have to go back in and uninstall the plugins too and then have to reinstall them.

So has anyone with lots of plugins done the SP2 upgrade (doing a complete uninstall before updating)? How did it affect your plugins?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ctbram

It did not. All plug ins and Bonus Tools are back as before updating.
Message 3 of 3
ctbram
in reply to: ctbram

Yep I did the upgrade and all the plugins were intact. Thank goodness! It would be nice if AD made that clear in the install notes. Especially when they require you to completely uninstall the previous version before installing the SP!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report