Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
christopher_george_williams
471 Views, 1 Reply

Red Hat 7 support?

Does anyone know how Maya 2015 runs on Red Hat or CentOS 7? Also are they going to get official support from Autodesk in the event of any issues that pop up? I know that Red Hat 7 has better out of the box drivers for Wacom Tablets and some newer hardware than Red Hat 6.5. There are lots of reasons I'd like to make the jump to 7 but I won't until I know it's supported by Autodesk in the event of any issues.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

For anyone interested I did install Maya 2015 and Mudbox 2015 on CentOS 7.  I don't know if this matters but during the install of CentOS 7, I installed selected the Developer and Graphical Workstation install packages and clicked Compatibility Packages. After Maya was installed I had toinstall 4 fonts that aren't installed by default.

sudo yum install xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-100dpi xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi xorg-x11-fonts-100dpi xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report