Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Maya 2015 registration confirmation email for an unknown PC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RGGraphics
202 Views, 2 Replies

Received Maya 2015 registration confirmation email for an unknown PC

Hello,

We have recently received a registration confirmation email saying Thank You for registering for one of our Maya 2015 Home Use serial number.  The problem is that its not for one of our computers.  It appears to be for a Mac located on an Italian ISP.

We have opened a case with Autodesk to investigate the issue, but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else and maybe find out how someone could have gotten our serial number.  I have been checking firewall logs, email logs, etc and have found no evidence of a breach on my end thus far.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: RGGraphics

Its rare, but from time to time the AutoDesk folks make a mistake with the licensing information, mostly with sending the information to the wrong user or the wrong license number to the right user.  If you are in a different zone ie. they are in the European zone and you are in North America thats likely to be the case since licenses can't be activated in a different zone.

You might also have had a silent security breach - not everyone leaves grafitti or obvious footprints.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: RGGraphics

Hi @RGGraphics,

Thank you for voicing your concerns regarding this issue. It's absolutely important and I assure you that our customer service team will get to the bottom of this strange occurrence. I found your case and sent a note to the assigned representative letting them know that you've also reached out in the community.

If you have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to ask. And thank you @dgorsman for your thoughtful input, as always Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report