Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Maya has stopped working" Maya 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mark.brian.anderson
5839 Views, 7 Replies

"Maya has stopped working" Maya 2015

The error message:

"Maya has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I already did the following:

1. Renaming "prefs"
2. "Adding" Maya to the NVIDIA Control Panel/3D Settings/Manage 3D Settings/Program Settings.
3. Driver of NVIDIA Quadro K6000 is updated (clean installation)
4. Installed latest directX runtime files from Microsoft
5. Installed Visual Studio 2010 SP1 runtime files from Microsoft, just in case because I saw that Maya installed the 2012 version.
6. Added "MAYA_DISABLE_CIP=1" to the system environment
7. Installed all five Maya Service Packs.
8. After un-installing and restarting the computer, I have deleted the folders Maya from the computer registry and then I was trying another installation, several times to diffent units (C:/ or I:/ etc)
9. Norton Antivirus and Firewall were turned off while installing Maya.

I am using Windows 7, HP Z820 (48 cores), NVIDIA QUADRO K6000, 128 GB RAM, 10 TB Memory

Anybody have another sugestion?

I hope anyone can help me.

I bought Maya 10 days ago (October 18th, 2014) and still it doesn't work.

Thank you!

Mark

Support still does NOT have an answer:
CaseNo: 10099784 Maya has stopped working AND
CaseNo: 10128199 Maya has stopped working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

After 9 days of researching I found that the solution to install Maya 2015 is:

Support told me the following part No.1:

1. Remove Maya completely from the computer by following the following workflow:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Once you have followed the steps above even removing the program files, folders and registry entries described above. Then please run the Microsoft Fix It utility as described below and remove any left over traces of the Maya program on your computer, you will need to run it multiple times until no traces are found:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

Then please Rename or Delete the following file:

Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
   C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

Please uninstall .NET Framework 4.5 if installed then continue. (do not reboot Computer)

Then Run the dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe file located on  the \3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework folder and select Install\Repair.

Reboot computer, Turn Antivirus Off, Clear the contents of the %temp% folder and then attempt to re-install the software. 

2. After doing the part No.1, guess what? The installation did NOT work again 😞 (Day 8 of trials)

Here it is what I have discovered 🙂

Maya installs by default Service Pack 2 and you have to INSTALL SERVICE PACK 3 ONLY.

Don't try to install Service Pack 4 and 5 because will appear the same message: "Maya has stopped working".

I am using Windows 7, HP Z820 (48 cores), 128 GB RAM, 10 TB Memory

Hope this solution save you 9 days of stress and lack of sleep 🙂

Message 3 of 8

Hey Mark,

Could you please provide me a link to download service pack 3 64bit for windows 7.

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Nani-Smart

@Nani-Smart

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

This posting is about 4 years old and the person your asking about providing a link may never know you were trying to get a hold of..   Did you even google Maya service packs?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-serv...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @Nani-Smart

You can locate service packs here or in your Autodesk Account. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 8
Nani-Smart
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your information. Mine is maya 2018 and im getting same problem as "Maya has stopped working". I have done everything what you mentioned like deleting all the autodesk products and re installed the maya 2018.  But I didnt find service pack 3 for maya 2018. Could you please help me what should I do to get rid of this problem.

Message 7 of 8
Nani-Smart
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi Natashal,

Thank you for those info. But mine is Maya 2018. is there any solution for this issue?

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Nani-Smart

Where in your posting did you ever indicate it was Maya 2018?  You replied to a posting about Maya 2015 so it is assumed you have that version.  For the future, make sure yo include all important information so we may provide the correct information

Now to your problem..  Have you checked your Windows Event log for warnings and errors around the time Maya stopped working?   Most time this message points to C++ issue on your machine.   I would start here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report