Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quicktimeShim.exe broken after installing 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1597 Views, 1 Reply

quicktimeShim.exe broken after installing 2015

Hey there.  I'm facing a problem with quicktimeShim.exe after installing Maya 2015 on the workstations at our studio.  About 1 in 3 machines come up with this error and I haven't been able to track down the cause of it.

After doing an install of Maya 2015, I get an error when trying to launch Maya 2014.  The error says:

1c30: quicktimeShim.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I have looked and the file it is complaining about is actually there, and I've tried re-registerring it but that doesn't work.

I understand that re-installing Maya 2014 might fix this problem, but I'm looking at several hundred machines that will need Maya 2015 installed.  I'd highly prefer to find a simple solution to this in lieu of re-installing Maya 2014 on every machine.  Does anybody have any recommendations?

(quicktime features are necessary for most of our users)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

reinstall quicktime installer

for me solved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report