Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-in error - Bifrost - program crashing...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2020 Views, 9 Replies

Plug-in error - Bifrost - program crashing...

Everytime I open Maya 2015 on my PC I get this error:

1 error generated.
Error while processing C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\db\presets\__rootincludeall__.h.

What does this mean?  Will it effect the functionality of the program?  I do notice that sometimes Maya will crash for no reason, would this be related?

How can I fix this?

More details: I am running Windows 8.1 on my PC. The installation went smoothly and I had my firewall turned off when I installed it like suggested. So I think everything installed properly.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Karen.Snow
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

This is a known error that the Autodesk Maya Development are aware of and are investigating to see if this error can be avoided in a future release. That being said, it has been determined that it does not affect the functionality of the software, you can just ignore it.

Thank-you

Karen 

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 10
generalcody
in reply to: Karen.Snow

Still no fix for this error in the Console?

I get the same on every launch. But Bifrost seems to be working though...

--

# Don't walk too fast, you might overlook your life...
Message 4 of 10
flickayy
in reply to: generalcody

I found that disabling from autoloading bifrostcis.dll in the plugin manager silenced this error.

Message 5 of 10
generalcody
in reply to: flickayy

OK, that's a quick hack, but will Bifrost be usable without this loaded? The errors pop up even if I activate the plugin after starting Maya with Bifrost enabled to begin with...
--

# Don't walk too fast, you might overlook your life...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: generalcody

I wouldn't turn off anything.
I don't know much about Bifrost except me just fooling around with it. I have not noticed it being affected by the error. You said it worked just fine for you? No problems? I'm going to just ignore the error.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I have the same error and my advanced menus are not working. I wonder if it has something to do with this. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

What do you mean the advance windows aren't working? Can you give an example?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Well. For example if I was to try to hit the square next to duplicate special it refuses to open the advanced menu. Makes my projects more time consuming as well as limiting my potential! Thank you for responding!

Dustin Lucas
Message 10 of 10
mharris10195
in reply to: Karen.Snow

was this issue ever solved because i running into the same problem and none my windows will open ethier. heres a link to my screencapture so u see what i mean:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-general/bitfrost/td-p/5965351

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report