Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX Yosemite Compatibility

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
evandulaney
6774 Views, 37 Replies

OSX Yosemite Compatibility

Has anybody downloaded OSX Yosemite yet? does Maya 2015 (latest service pack) work?

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38
jessica.t
in reply to: rimcrazy

Apologies for the inconvenience. When a patch or hotfix becomes available we'll be sure to give notice. Thanks for your patience!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 22 of 38
ross
in reply to: jessica.t

How will "notice" be given?  Please send direct emails to Maya Subscription holders.

Message 23 of 38
jessica.t
in reply to: ross

Hi Ross,

There should be a notification for Subscription customers yes. We'll also be promoting here on the forums, on twitter and Facebook, as well as the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 24 of 38
Alcachaz
in reply to: evandulaney

I don't know if this has been answered yet. Sorry if my post is redundant.
I just performed a fresh install of Yosemite on my Mac Pro 4,1 (2009). I installed Maya 2015 Student Version successfully.
I also was able to install VRay 2.0 successfully. I rendered a few, simple test frames with VRay successfully. I have not performed
any extensive testing, but both Maya 2015 and VRay 2.0 are working in Yosemite so far.

Message 25 of 38
evandulaney
in reply to: Alcachaz

Are you also running Vray License server on Yosemite? That's something I haven't tested yet. The actual renderer seems to be working fine though.

I have been having an issue where maya stops responding when you try to quit, but this seems to be resolved by disabling CIP.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Maya-Crashes-on-Exit-Mac-OSX
Message 26 of 38
rimcrazy

I am currently running my Maya license server on a MacMini running Mavricks. I am running a VRay 3.0 license server on a centos 6.5 Linux box. So far Maya 2015 SP5 works in Yosemite but it is a little glitchy. I'm not sure who the culprit is but my MBP has locked up occasionally with Maya but also After Effects.
Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 27 of 38
Alcachaz

So sorry for the late reply. I am running vray license server on Yosemite. 
Again, I have not tested anything extensively, but should be doing quite a bit
of rendering approaching this weekend. I will report back with any issues I find
over the next few days.

Message 28 of 38
gangusCat

Hi Jessica, I hope that Maya will be updated soon, is it close to being updated to be compatible with OS X Yosemite? Thanks in advance.
Message 29 of 38
Samohtep

Hello Jessica, 

I'm running Maya 2012 and Yosemite and have discovered that while most processes have continued to work in Yosemite, Batch Render will not render Mental Ray. Script Editor shows the render begins and after a few seconds it will say Render Complete, without producing any files. Taking the same file to a machine without Yosemite will render fine.

Is it likely any hotfix or patch will cover Maya 2012 compatibility as well?

Message 30 of 38
WorldBuilder
in reply to: Samohtep

I believe this is a legacy Mac bug not related to Yosemite. You just have to turn off Wifi before you do a Batch Render and it should work.

Message 31 of 38
Samohtep
in reply to: WorldBuilder

Thanks, but wifi is not enabled on this machine.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 32 of 38
WorldBuilder
in reply to: Samohtep

I'm just guessing it is trying to connect to a server during the Batch Process and so the screen just hangs. At least I've run into this issue before and dismantling the Internet connection seemed to work - ( * my Maya is on a laptop - hence the Wifi solution ).

Message 33 of 38
Samohtep
in reply to: WorldBuilder

I've continued to work with this and still haven't found a solution. I've unplugged the network cable and verified that it knew it was not connected to a network, then set Batch Render going, double checking that "Render on network machines" was unselected and it still operates the same way.
Message 34 of 38
fcurry75

I do not know if my problems with Maya now are Autodesk based, Yosemity based, or compatibility problems. But I have been running into two problems regularly now. First my system specs are a Macbook Pro 15 inch Mid 2012, with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB graphics card and 8 gig ram. I have Yosemity with all updates current, and running Maya 2015 student edition with sp5.

First problem is Maya keeps using all avalible ram, which of course crashes the system. This is hapening most of the time while wieght painting, and after about 1 hour of work.

Secondly, anytime I try to snap to vertice, paticularly when trying to snap the pivot point to a vert, Maya acts like it's trying to autosave, then crashes.

If this is a compatibility problem, please tell me, and please let me know when the new service pack is out. If not, please help...

sorry about spelling in this post.

Message 35 of 38
WorldBuilder
in reply to: fcurry75

Maybe try installing Mountain Lion? Forums say Moutain Lion has been the most stable build with Maya.

Read this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-discussion/stable-system-2013-sp-ext1-mountain-lion-2015-sp1-m...

Go here if you choose to:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion?afid=p238%7CuYXg65Ew-dc_mtid_1870765e3...

Message 36 of 38
ross

Thanks for the info, but this discussion is about Maya. Do you have any info about Maya 2015 - MacOS 10.10.x Yosemite compatibility?  If there is no planned Yosemite compatibility with Maya 2015 then do you have a eta on Maya 2016?

Message 37 of 38
fcurry75

I don't understand your post. the last two posts were about maya compatability. Speificaly how to fix my compatibility issues...

Message 38 of 38
gangusCat

In regards to the issue about Maya 2015 student SP5 not installing on a mac with Yosemite 10.10, I was able to solve my issue by reinstalling maya.

I read one of the responses said to turn off wifi on the machine first.

I did and then uninstalled maya, then proceeded to do a new install and it worked. I started wifi again and it still works normally.

Thank you everyone for the solution.

I hope this helps.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report