Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only get a blank output window when starting Maya 2011 64bit (Win7).

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1698 Views, 9 Replies

Only get a blank output window when starting Maya 2011 64bit (Win7).

Hi, i just install maya 2011 64bit for the first time and it was successful but when i run it, only a blank output window appear and nothing else. Install it again and the same result.

I am using window 7 and i didnt have any older maya version but only a 3ds max installed.

Anyone know what's the problem?!?! Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm also having this problem. I downloaded the trial of Maya 64-bit for Windows 7 and install was a breeze, but then when I run it, just the output window shows up. If I exit the output window, the process is still running.
Message 3 of 10
n8skow

Difficult to troubleshoot without your system specs...
Particularly your vid card - what do you have?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

My specs:
Processor: Intel Core Duo 3.00 GHz
Video Card: Ati Radeon HD 4800 series
Sound Card: X-fi Platinum
Message 5 of 10
warnold1

Normally if the Maya startup doesn't work you will get 2 windows - 1) the Output Window, the 2nd being the script editor. In the script editor there would probably be some Mel startup error, which would give a good indication of what is the problem. When Maya is starting up it outputs in the slash screen what step it is along the way. knowing what the last step output can also give a clue as to what Maya is attempting to do.

A couple of common reasons for this would be:

1) the user prefs are corrupted or setup for a different version of Maya
2) the graphic driver used is not providing the required OpenGL contexts that Maya wants to use.

for 1) rename your user prefs directory and let Maya ask to create default prefs
for 2) using Microsoft's drivers are not sufficient (OpenGL 1.0/1.1 only) install the ATI/Nvidia drivers from their web site. For the consumer cards you may need to try a couple of driver versions to find one that behaves reasonably

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: warnold1

i have a similar problem where it shows in the processes but never shows up. I've tried a couple different drivers and no help.
Message 7 of 10
n8skow
in reply to: warnold1

but what video card are you running nmon?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I've got the exact same problem. I'm running on a Nvidia GTX280. The only thing that opens is the Output window, nothing else. What is really bothering me right now is that I have work to do and that I can't do it because of this.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I had same prob. But after long R&D i found that its is problem of graphics card. Windows 7(even vista 64) have some problem with video drivers and can only be corrected by installing correct driver. In my case i installed XP 64 bit.
Message 10 of 10
kate.tingchunlin
in reply to: n8skow

I have the same problem. Maya 2015 not working; blank output.
I am having Dell M6700, WIN 7-64 professional, graphic cards AMD M6000. 
Any idea why it happens?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report