Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object '' not found error with clean install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
peterossbrooks
3043 Views, 4 Replies

Object '' not found error with clean install

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1960: Object '' not found

I get this error every time I open Maya. This is with a clean install. I have never installed Maya before. I'm new to this, so the error means nothing to me. I'm confused about why I would be getting this, since I haven't changed anything since installing. 

Clicking in the viewport clears the error, but as soon as I try to do something, it comes back.

Any help would be appreciated! I've looked all over and can't find a solution.

Many thanks 🙂

By the way, here is what I'm seeing in the script error when starting Maya:

onSetCurrentLayout "Maya Classic";
file -f -new;
preferredRenderer -makeCurrent;
// Result: untitled // 
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:46:02) // 
# pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: invertShape, mayaHIK, GamePipeline, CloudImportExport, curveWarp, tiffFloatReader, MASH, poseInterpolator, bifrostvisplugin, ATFPlugin, hairPhysicalShader, ikSpringSolver, ik2Bsolver, xgenToolkit, AbcExport, retargeterNodes, gameFbxExporter, VectorRender, OpenEXRLoader, lookdevKit, Unfold3D, Type, modelingToolkit, deformerEvaluator, renderSetup, GPUBuiltInDeformer, fbxmaya # 
evalDeferred "shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate";
import arnold
// Successfully imported python module 'arnold' // 
import mtoa
// Successfully imported python module 'mtoa' // 
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
Maya 2017 importing module pymel 1.0.9 (/Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymel/__init__.pyc)
// Successfully registered renderer 'arnold' // 
// Warning: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 32: Loading plug-in "mtoa" has resulted in changes to the scene that may need to be saved. // 
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:46:02) // 
// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1960: Object '' not found. // 
// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1960: Object '' not found. // 
updateRendererUI;
updateRendererUI;
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I have the same error by Maya LT 2017 on Mac.

Message 3 of 5

I get the same message!  I just posted the same question and I also get the same results when I try to do anything in Maya 2017.  Did you get an answer at all?

Thanks.

David S Rodriguez

Portfolio at dsr3d.artstation.com
@dsr3d on Instagram
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: peterossbrooks

I get the same error.  On a new iMac. OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5

Message 5 of 5

Hello All

I found a solution to this error!! I found it in the Maya LT General Forum and an Autodesk rep posted a new script file to download and replace the one giving us problems.  Once I did that Maya started behaving.

The link to the post is:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-lt-general/error-code-at-startup/td-p/6491312

Scroll down to the 4th post by Viviane Rochon for the drinit.zip file and extract the file after downloading it.  Make sure Maya 2017 is closed and not running.  In a file window go to your drive with your Autodesk Maya 2017 files and proceed to:

Maya2017/scripts/others

Copy/Paste the new drInit.mel into the "others" folder replacing the older one.  Start up Maya and hopefully all goes as well as it did for me.

Good luck and I hope this helps everyone!

David S Rodriguez

Portfolio at dsr3d.artstation.com
@dsr3d on Instagram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report