Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to choose Direct x11 as rendering engine

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jackcole93
442 Views, 4 Replies

No option to choose Direct x11 as rendering engine

Hello everyone, I'm ina  bit of a pickle!

I was watching a tutorial on how to get the best playbakc for animation, here: http://vimeo.com/106042366

At 3:48 the man goes to Preferences > Display. Then at the bottom as a choice of rendering engines, and I don't have that option.

I am using Maya 2015 and have installed Service Pack 5, I have viewport 2.0 as my display renderer.

The specs of my computer are as follows: iMac, 3.5ghz i7 processor, 8gb RAM, 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB Graphics.

I am also using the student version of Maya 2015.

I would love you guys to help if possible, it would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Jack

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hazlipa
in reply to: jackcole93

Hi @jackcole93 

Are you sure your video card is compatible with DirectX? That could be causing some of the trouble. I have a link posted below that has some extra information. You may just need a plug in:

Using Direct X with Viewport 2.0

Hope this helps!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 3 of 5
jackcole93
in reply to: hazlipa

Bugger! That article explains the problem i think. Can't get Direct x 11 on OS X, it's only for Windows!

That's a shame but thanks a lot for the help!
Message 4 of 5
jyoung
in reply to: jackcole93

You can install windows on your mac and dual boot, if you are wanting to try it out.

Message 5 of 5
hazlipa
in reply to: jyoung

@jackcole93 Glad to help! Sorry for the circumstance, however @jyoung has an idea. I have not tried this personally to verify one way or another, but it may be worth a shot! My concern is I believe the incompatibility may be hardware relating, not necessarily software. So if the video card is preventing this option, boot camping may not resolve it.

Ariel Hazlip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report