Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Rendering Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
980 Views, 2 Replies

Network Rendering Error

Hello:

I am attempting to include a new machine in our render network but am having difficulties.  We are using 3dsmax Design 2015 / Backburner 2015.  All other machines are Win 7 and work fine, this one is Win 8.1 and yields the following error:

3dsmax adapter error: Autodesk 3dsMaxDesign 17.0 reported error: An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating. 3dsmax adapter error: The pipe has been ended : 109 3dsmax adapter error

The error only occurs when runing the Backburner Server as a service - when running Server.exe it works fine.  All permissions/firewall etc. are set up the same as on the other machines.  UAC is off.

I have also disabled the docked content explorer and verified that the account the service is running under has all required rights (it does work on other machines).

Any ideas?

Thanks;

Nick Seman

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jonathan.matthews
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello.  I believe service pack 2, which was just released, fixed an error similar to yours.  Please update your 3ds Max 2015 to service pack 2 on each computer and retest.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-3ds-max-desi...

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jonathan.matthews

Updated all machines to SP2.  Win 7 machines are working fine, Win 8.1 machine still not playing nicely.

Thanks for the tip however.

Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report