Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMB not working in Outliner

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1437 Views, 8 Replies

MMB not working in Outliner

LOL well here I am again with yet another challenge. I managed to program my mouse so that I now have a middle mouse button, thank goodness.

However I'm now at the part of the tutorial where I'm supposed to organize my Outliner into groups. So I select the items I want to move into a group, and MMB and try to drag them where they belong ... and absolutely nothing happens. No icons, nothing drags, nothing moves.

I found a site suggesting that this is a bug, but no real clue how to get around it.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
s03241
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I think this is a setting for the mouse and not a Maya bug.
Message 3 of 9
silver619

I am actually having the same problem in maya 2011 and it was working fine in 2010, any help would be appreciated.
Message 4 of 9
MichielDuvekot3232

Nothing's broken in Maya AFAICT. MMB drag in the outline still works just as well in 2011 as 2010 or earlier versions. Some info on your platfor, , hardware, drivers etc.. might be helpful.
Message 5 of 9
greatgeorge

I've tried on two computers, it works on one and doesn't work on another. I guess this is what happens when 2011 version is released in 2010 year!

@THNKR - Would the hardware really matter for a simple middle click not working in outliner? On a lighter note - I don't think Autodesk doesn't list any minimum requirements for a mouse? 😄
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: greatgeorge

it would be helpful to know what os you are on.
Also, you indicate that you had to program your mouse to get a middle mouse button working.
If we know what mouse you have, there may be something out there in the googleVerse about that mouse and using its middle mouse button for click-dragging.
Can you do other click-dragging with it in Maya, like dragging a script from the script editor to the shelf to create a shelf button? or drag a texture from the Hypershade to a color channel in the Attribute Editor?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hi have you tried checking the sort order of your outliner? If the sort order is set to Alphabetical you will not be able to move objects in the outliner. You can change the sort order under the the display tab in the outliner.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hey,

I have both Maya 2010 and 2011 on my windows vista machine and my MMB "just" stopped working entirely in the outliner and hypershade. I know its something to do with Maya because I tried using three different mouses that work perfectly fine in other applications.
Message 9 of 9
brettschnacky

This fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report