Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
BjornBornemann
224 Views, 2 Replies

Menues disppeared..

Hei guys!

I really need some help here - maybe the solution is very easy.
Some of my "sub menues" have disappeared.
When I press the button for the material library - simply nothing happens - if I do it in the menue or the UI bar.

Uninstalling 3ds max did not help - after reinstalling everything looks the same - like if it was never uninstalled - pretty strange behavior if you ask me.

Has anybody an idea? I can not work at the moment and think already in reinstalling my whole windows...

Greets!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Just moved from a 2 monitor to a single monitor system?

The easiest way is to simple rename your 3dsmax.ini. You'll lose some preferences you've set, but you'll get your dialogs back. No need to reinstall - that should be a last resort after exhausting all other options. See this post for how to find 3dsmax.ini.

Another option would be to
Make the problem dialog "current" i.e. click the Material Editor button on the toolbar (and dont click anything else!)
Press Alt+Space, then "M", then use the cursor keys to bring the dialog back into view, then press Enter.
Downside with this method is you'll have to do each dialog separately.

Note - this question has been asked, and answered, many times before. You may well find that searching these forums first would have saved you a lot of time and trouble.

You should also put your Max version, and brief system specs, in your sig - saves us having to ask when the problem is version specific. In addition, posting in the correct forum helps - this isn't really an installation/hardware/OS question.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3

Thanks a lot!
It worked like a dream! Max is up and running like nothing ever happened 😄

Greets from Finland!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report