Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory & Video Card Settings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
89 Views, 1 Reply

Memory & Video Card Settings

Two questions...

1. I have an 8core, HP XW8600 with 16gb of RAM. Why does it show in the Backburner monitor app like I only have 4gb ? Is this only a display issue or is it not taking full advantage of all the RAM installed?

This is also the case with other machines that I have with 8gb of RAM, they display as only having 4gb. On all my machines when I'm rendering I see the page file usage on the task manager not using more than 3.16gb, when there is a lot more memory available.

2. On the HP8600 I have an Nvidia FX5600 and I'm using the Performance driver for MAX and the MAX application profile setting in the Nvidia control panel. Is this the best way to go or are there better settings to take more advantage of the card? Somehow I feel that is not being used to its full potential.

All PC's are running XP64

Thanks,

Jose
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

1) Yes, it's just a display issue. There was a thread recently discussing just that, thought I'll be damned if I can find it now 😛

2) Sorry, no idea - but I suspect being designed specifically for Max / Nvidia, the performance drivers will be your best bet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report