Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya not able to save in temp folder

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
f2pview
36531 Views, 7 Replies

Maya not able to save in temp folder

I reinstalled my laptop and after that i installed maya 2014 expecting to be able to work with it again just like before i reinstalled my pc (it worked on it before i reinstalled it)

But when opening is get this: ( This is at the launch of maya, Nothing is created yet)

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/Users/Flakes/AppData/Local/Temp/Flakes.20120503.2242.ma

Someone said i had to close my triple buffereing on my nvidia but that didn't work at all.

I tried everything i search for ours on google but no body is having a solution for me.

(This problem was with 2013 aswell)

List of done things:

• Reinstalled Both 2014 and 2013 multiple times
  • Change user permissions
  • Change map permissions 
  • Disable triple buffering.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
warnold1
in reply to: f2pview

There are a couple of known issues that this could be part if

OpenGL driver not installed. Install latest graphic card driver

Newer Nvidia driver conflict with Optimus driver
Possible fixes. Force discrete graphics on, or use older Nvidia driver, or set environment variable MAYA_DISABLE_CIP=1 before running Maya

Missing latest directX runtime files. Install latest from Microsoft

Missing latest C runtime files. Install latest Visual Studion 2010 sp1 runtime files from Microsoft

Without the stack trace info it's hard to know where / what part of Maya is having the issue

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 3 of 8
danmihaila.e

I have exactly the same problem and since I don't see much point in just starting a new thread since this is exactly what I have, I wanted to submit here and hope that some one will be able to help. I am not sure how to get the error text to paste it in here... If anyone could give me a hint of how I do that, I could copy paste it in here since the error can be reproduced easily ( aka just double click maya... ) .

my spec:

Windows 7 x64

Intel i7 3770k

Mobo AsRock Z77 Express 4

Nvidia 560ti

As stated before, I also tried to reinstall both Maya 2013 and Maya 2014. And, this also happend after a clean Windows install despite the fact that I had Maya working before the install... 

Any ideas? I really need to get going with a project before school starts so I would really apreciate any kind of help!

thank you!

Message 4 of 8
warnold1

Have you tried any of the above suggestions

If you are double clicking to launch, the MAYA_DISABLE_CIP=1 needs to be in the system environment

MyComputer-> properties-> environment ...

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 5 of 8
danmihaila.e
in reply to: warnold1

Hy.. sorry for overlooking that one!

Yes, I've just tried it and it worked! 

That is awesome! I'm so happy know I could kiss the screen! 🙂 🙂 

Have an awesome day!

For other blind people like me who are not seeing the first thread, here's the link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Hardware-OS/Maya-crashes-on-startup-Windows-7/m-p/4329287...

Edit: can install the latest driver without worries now? I reverted back to Nvidia 320.18 but the latest is 320.49... Do you think is safe to install the last one? Cheers!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

i had same problem.... 

all i did was go to the NVIA control panel/3D settings/manage 3d settings/programs settings

where it says step 1. "select program to customize" all i did was "add" maya. once i added maya without changing any of the setting i clicked "apply" went to my desktop clicked on MAYA and it opened without a problem.

hope this helps

Message 7 of 8
sseamonR6QDR
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm getting this issue on maya 2017 when trying to create a new project.

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/Users/Soc/AppData/Local/Temp/Soc.20161011.0843.ma

Tried the setting this environment variable but didn't help...

MAYA_DISABLE_CIP=1

I attached the crash log.  oops the crash log .dmp is not a valid extension to attach.

Message 8 of 8

Im beginning to think Maya does this on purpose to force users into a subscription

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report