Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Navigation Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
302 Views, 2 Replies

Maya Navigation Problem

Hey all was hoping someone could help me with this problem, i installed maya service pack 2 for maya 2012 and lost my previous navigation setup i had on maya 2012 with service pack 1.

Here is the thing:

The buttons that i use to navigate are the two buttons on the pen itself plust the alt key on the keyboard.

I use a bamboo pen tablet this model right here on my MacbookPro 17":
http://besttabletreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bamboo8.jpg

the button that is closest to the tip is my middle mouse button the other button(the one farthest from the tip) is my right mouse button, the tip acts as a left click

What i could always do before installing servicepack 2 2012:
alt+mmb+leftclick(tip press against tablet and drag) this zooms in and out as you drag back and forth with the pen tip, doing this automatically deactivates pan mode which is alt+mmb(move around without the tip touching the tablet).
Like this i could easily navigate.

What happens now after installing te service pack 2 2012:
alt+mmb+leftclick(tip press against tablet and drag) no longer deactivates alt+mmb this means that you are zooming in and out and panning at the same time which is very annoying, so what i have to do now is alt+rmb which is the farthest button on my pen in order to zoom in and out.

So what i was looking for was Maya options for changing pen tablet behavior i was hoping i would find it i Settings/Preferences->HotKey Editor->Navigation but there is nothing in there tablet related and the defaults are MEL configured and you cant change them.

So has anyone out there experienced a similar problem with their pen tablet, how can i recover my previous navigation settings that i had in service pack 1.

Thanks
Dave
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
contact
in reply to: Anonymous

good question, never happened to me, I have the same tablet.
3D & Animation Teacher
--------------------------------------------------------------------
MSI X79A-GD65, i7, 32gb RAM, Quadro 2000D, SSD-disks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.linkedin...
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hmm.. you say you have the same tablet have you installed service pack 2 for maya 2012, which service pack are you using?

Im starting to think this a service pack 2 problem only cause on my windows PC i have maya 2012 with service pack 1 and the navigation is the same as usual.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report