Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Linux Hotbox/Marking Menu bug...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chaos_overflow
556 Views, 4 Replies

Maya Linux Hotbox/Marking Menu bug...

I have a three monitor setup. If i use all 3 monitors as one or use Xinerama i cannot use Marking Menu nor Hotbox Submenus because the "middle" of the submenu pie will jump in position. It works well with 2 Monitors as one or Xinerama. But a third device will produce this bug. Is there a way to get around this, maybe some config settings?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The bug is only related to pie submenues and rmb submenues - hotbox menu submenues work fine.

Bad qt coding?

Message 3 of 5
juls_
in reply to: chaos_overflow

I used to have the same issue. You can read here on what fixed this on my side:

LINK

Hope it helps!

Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the info. I do have an AMD FirePro W7000 card... there is no option for "absolute" or "left of" in the drivers. Can you post or privat msg me your /etc/X11/Xorg.conf file? So i can figure out what specific setting it is, and adopt it to my xorg.conf and of course post a solution for everyone who has this problem.

Message 5 of 5
juls_
in reply to: chaos_overflow

Ah ok, I see. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with ATI cards. I'm also not sure wheter my xorg.conf will help you, because as far as I can tell the screen mapping settings are nvidia-specific. Nonetheless you can obtain my xorg from this post.

If it doesn't help maybe try to ask the Autodesk support. When I confronted them with the issue they didn't know about it, nor did they have a solution, but as soon as I had discovered a way it works I sent them the solution as well. Maybe they investigated into this issue and can provide further help.

If nothing helps, just try to reset your driver settings to default or mess around with the monitor placement settings 🙂

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report