Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya freeze on start-up (2013 - 2015)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
superadam051
5192 Views, 8 Replies

Maya freeze on start-up (2013 - 2015)

I've tried this on Maya 2013, Maya 2014 and Maya 2015 and the same results persist. When I load up Maya the outline window usually pops up and then  my system will freezen periodically for about a few minutes, roughly 3 or 4 times with a 20 second gap in between. I have no idea what's causing it, this is on my desktop and I've never encountered this issue on my laptop or another computer with Maya installed. 

I've tried re-installing different versions, turning off my anti-virus, disconnecting from the internet, checking my task manager but nothing. When I look at my task manager whilst my system is around freezing / freezing the Disk % reads 100% (Windows 8 x64) but no process is running anywhere near that high (It's appearing from nowhere). Afterwards when the final freeze is over and Maya loads up usually I get the windows error reporting proces pop up in the Task Manager with a high usage but nothing aside from that. 

Any ideas what's causing my issue?

I'm using the Student version by the way.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tomborda
in reply to: superadam051

Hey I'm having the same issue.  I think it’s related to the licensing.  Check the about Maya tab and see if your serial number is all zeroed out.  Mine is, and I can’t update it.  Please help AUTODESK. 

Message 3 of 9
camilo.lemos
in reply to: tomborda

Hi @tomborda 

Was your Maya downloaded from the Education Community?

If this is a licensing issue our License Assistance Team can help! Please, click on this link and then follow the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 9
superadam051
in reply to: camilo.lemos

My Maya is from the education / student version as I originally stated. I checked the license and they're both fine, the same issue now persists over the 3ds Max. I wasn't having this issue at first but now it's becoming more of a problem. 

3ds Max 2015 used to be fine but now there is a slight hang. I downloaded the 2012 version and the exact same problem as Maya occurs. and I've checked the licenses and they check out, and match the ones I was given. 

I thought it was Avast at first but disabling that whilst starting up didn't really make a difference, in-case it was a license issue or something I disconnected from the internet and tried again but still my system froze severely. 

Message 5 of 9
tomborda

Hi,

Yes my Maya has an education license. The problem is I can't update the serial number and it causes this crash situation as described above.  When I go to "about" and try to update the licence number nothig happens.  

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 9
tomborda

Is your serial number all zeros?
Message 7 of 9
crysostomos

I've been having this issue also. I downloaded the stand-alone student version with a 3 year license. I was given a serial number and a product key. The installation was successful. Then I restarted my Macbook. After logging into my Macbook Pro Retina (still new and updated) I open up my "finder" and under "Applicaitons" I look for the "Autodesk" folder and open up Maya 2015. I double click on the executable and then I get this splash screen that just hangs there for a long time. If I let it hang it will eventually stop and a window will pop up asking if I want to send a report. I chose to send a report and then a larger window pops up with detailed technical information that I do not understand anyways.I've tried and attempted this same routine with Maya 2014 also and the same thing happened. I've tried almost 3 different SP's and still.....the splash-screen just hangs for a long period of time frozen. 

Message 8 of 9
crysostomos

I believe that if this splash-screen "hang-up" was a licensing issue, then the installation would have stopped and not gone to step 3 during the installation process. When you enter the licensing information in step 2 during instalation of Maya 2015, it means your entering the correct numbers and information for it to allow you to go to step 3, otherwise it would not allow you to continue with it.

Message 9 of 9

In my case, using Maya 2015 on Windows 10, it was completely frozen just after start up, showing only the UI buttons and toolbars but the workspace area was totally white without the possibility to even drag the Maya window.

The problem was not solved with a clean uninstall and installing again.

In my case I realized that the problem was in the fact that Maya was trying to start in the middle of my two monitors.

I solved the problem, unpluging my secondary monitor and starting Maya with only the main one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report