Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya download confusion

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
radobe76
1991 Views, 5 Replies

Maya download confusion

I own a Maya license and am wondering every time i want to install maya if i am downloading the latest version there is. Especially the Subscription download area is very confusing, since it does not provide you with lots of data about the version you are actually downloading. So for instance the latest version in the subscription area is:

Autodesk Maya English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese 2014 Win 64

But if i google "Maya 2014 download" i get a link elsewhere that is open to anybody also without subscription that seems to be newer?!

Autodesk Maya 2014 SP1 English Japanese SimplifiedChinese Win 64bit

Also there used to be Extension releases open to just Subscription clients, do these have the Service Packs integrated?

I honestly feel like Autodesk is very badly organized and confusing regarding downloads. As a paying customer i would expect to find everything in my subscription download area and not having to search elsewehere.

So is this true, that the subscription area is not updated with Service Packs?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: radobe76

Subscription site is for subscription only content (apart from the base product). The updates and service packs are here:-
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242259&id=2334435&siteID=123112
Same for Max, Softimage, Mudbox...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
radobe76
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thank you.

Still, i think that this does not make any sense. The subscription download area should contain the latest download in the download area or extension pack, not only the first version there is. Or at least a link to the proper updates page.
Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: radobe76

A link would be useful, I agree, but the updates themselves have to be publically available - not everyone is on subscription - and it would be a lot of extra work to put them on the subs site bearing in mind that different customers have different mixes of products. Having all the updates in one place is much easier, involves far less maintenance and removes the potential for one to lag behind the other.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
miQlo
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I'll borrow this thread.

Is Service Pack 3 included in "Extension for Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1"? If not, how do I install SP3 and Extension SP1?

Message 6 of 6
miQlo
in reply to: miQlo

I've now downloaded both files listed under "Extension for Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1". I've installed the first file but what is the difference between them and do I need both of them?

Autodesk-Maya-2014-dlm-001-002.sfx.exe

Autodesk-Maya-2014-dlm-002-002.sfx.exe

My About Maya window now states that I have "Extension fo Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1" installed, is Service Pack 3 included? Very confusing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report