Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Bifrost 'compute and cache to disk' to external harddrive

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
outwardlyfacinguser
471 Views, 1 Reply

Maya Bifrost 'compute and cache to disk' to external harddrive

Hello! I've been trying to make a disk cache of my bifrost simulation and during one of the tries I found that it takes up quite a lot of information on my harddrive, so I'm now trying to store the information on my external harddrive.  However, when I have the location to be changed to my external, the calculations always fail and cannot be placed on my external even though my PC harddrive has no problem calculating.  I was wondering if there is a reason for this and if it is possible to have it placed on a external harddrive.  I'm not really savvy on computers but I did format the external before using it.  Has anyone else had success with disk caching to external harddrive and/or have a solution to this?  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

FIXED IT:  I figured it out.  If anyone wants to compute and cache to disk their bifrost simulation to thier external harddrive, what you have to do is set the workspace into the external harddrive.  Be sure to have your compute and cache to disk settings reset so it will correctly put the cache into the new workspace. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report