Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 viewport goes black

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
xsample
773 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2015 viewport goes black

Hi everyone! I've got a problem and I haven't found a soultion, so I am asking here. I've been using maya 2015 sp2 and everything seemed to work just fine, but something weird started to happen. Sometimes when I try to move an object the viewport freezes and goes black-ish. When it happens I can move around maya, save file, but I can't do anything with an object. When I save and close maya then reopen it everything is fine till the same thing happens few moments later. Sometimes I work 2 hours and it doesn't happen but sometimes it happens every 5 mins. 
I work on macbook pro 13' 2010 mid - 2.3 ghz, nvidia geforce 320m, 16gb ram (upgraded from 4, its installed and working for sure), ios 10.10. 
Guys, how to solve this?

systemZrzut ekranu 2014-11-26 o 13.49.38.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
itisgregory
in reply to: xsample

I have EXACTLY the same problem with identical MacBook pro specs, except I have 4mb ram. I was thinking of upgrading to 8mb but you still have the problem with larger ram.
HELP!
Message 3 of 4
Jonanak21
in reply to: itisgregory

Same - I'm also having issues with the orthographic views - objects are not visible in any view but perspective, which is incredibly irritating when modeling. Is this something that was fixed in the service pack? I don't want to go through the bother of reinstalling a massive program during finals week (student here) only to find that the issue is still happening.
Message 4 of 4
itisgregory
in reply to: xsample

I solved this problem.  I don't know if this will work for you.  I upgraded Paralles to 10.1.1 and am using Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1.  I am running OS 10.10.1 (Yosemite) Intel Core i5, 2.53GHz, on 2010 Mackbook Pro with 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB. I am using Maya 2015 in Windows NOT in OS X.

Let me know if this helped someone.

Gregory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report